BUT GENERAL COVID-19 HOSPITALIZATIONS ARE DOWN IN THE COUNTY
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — In a dramatic drop from just a day ago, Palm Beach County’s ICU availability is just 21-percent as of 7:01 a.m. Wednesday. Health officials say anything under 25-percent is cause for concern. Availability was near 30-percent just a few days ago.
Whether the sudden spike is related to COVID-19 or not is unclear but also irrelevant. If you need a bed and one doesn’t exist, it doesn’t matter why it is being used.
From the Florida Agency for Healthcare Administration:
BETHESDA WEST: 11 Adult ICU beds in use, 0 available.
WELLINGTON: 31 Adult ICU beds in use, 3 available (8.82-percent).
WEST BOCA MEDICAL CENTER: 16 Adult ICU beds in use, 0 available.
DELRAY MEDICAL CENTER: 43 Adult ICU beds in use, 7 available (14-percent).
JFK MEDICAL CENTER: 8 Adult ICU beds in use, 2 available (20-percent).
BOCA RATON REGIONAL: 24 Adult ICU beds in use, 21 available (30-percent).
BETHESDA EAST: 23 Adult ICU beds in use, 16 available. (41.03-percent).
There are currently 7,863 people hospitalized in Florida for the primary diagnosis of COVID-19. In Palm Beach County the number is 476 — a significant DROP from previous days. By comparison, 1,103 people are hospitalized in Broward County for COVID-19, 1,718 in Miami-Dade. While South Palm Beach County residents may be in a Broward hospital, it is unlikely that they would travel to Miami-Dade for medical care.
The State of Florida is not releasing data that pinpoints how many ICU patients are being treated for COVID.
The overall hospital bed situation in Palm Beach County is slightly less bleak. Data reports that 29.51-percent of all hospital beds (this includes non-ICU general care beds) are available as of early Wednesday morning.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BUILDING COLLAPSE: List Of Everyone Who Owns In Champlain Towers
- Man Critically Injured At Boca Raton Wyndham Hotel, Sues
- MIAMI BEACH CONDO COLLAPSE: Rumors Spreading, Officials Say “Stop”
- National Hurricane Center: Tropical Depression Likely To Form
- I-95 In Boca Raton To Close Overnight Tonight
- Second DUI Arrest In Three Months For Boca’s Brooklyn Berman
- UPDATE: Boca Raton Police Respond To Shooting But Still Know Nothing
- HURRICANE CENTER: Wave Watching Continues, Another Expected To Form
- Delray Beach Father And Son Charged In Boynton Shooting, Witness Threat