POLICE: SUSPECT OFFERED KIDS MONEY, SENT INAPPROPRIATE IMAGES
POMPANO BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: BSO Media Advisory) — A Broward County Public Schools campus monitor is facing several criminal charges, including soliciting minors and transmitting harmful material to minors, and detectives are concerned there may be more victims in the community.
In February, Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives began a joint investigation with the Broward County Public Schools Special Investigative Unit into Alton Johnson for the crimes. The investigation determined that Johnson, who worked at Blanche Ely High School, solicited two juveniles to send him sexually explicit videos. In one case, Johnson offered the juvenile money in exchange for the video. Johnson is also accused of sending pornographic images to one of the juveniles. Additionally, Johnson is charged with being an authority figure engaged in lewd conduct with a student.
On August 4, Johnson was booked into the Broward County Main Jail on five criminal charges.
Due to Johnson’s job and proximity to minors, detectives fear there may be more victims. Anyone with information about Johnson that could assist investigators is asked to contact Special Victims Unit Detective Robert Rausch at 954-321-4234. If you wish to remain anonymous, contact Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or online at browardcrimestoppers.org.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- MASK MANDATE: Local Airports Remind Florida Travelers They Must Wear Masks
- STUDENT ASSAULTED AT OMNI MIDDLE SCHOOL, SCHOOL BOARD SUED
- SIRENS: Dead At Boca Woods, Fainting At PBI, Bleeding At Canyons Middle School
- Several Boca Raton Elementary Schools Face Boundary Changes For Next School Year
- UPDATE: Turo Claims It Paid For Damage To Boca Man’s Car After Drug Addict’s Crash, But…
- PBSO Takes Over Deadly I-95 Shooting Investigation
- ARREST: Boca Man, Accused Of Cheating With Woman Overseas, Charged With Felony
- SIRENS: Traumatic Injury At West Boca High, Dead In Valencia, Overheating At Delray Tennis Center
- Delray Beach Woman Allegedly Attacks Mother, Wrongly Claims She Won’t Be Arrested