POLICE: SUSPECT OFFERED KIDS MONEY, SENT INAPPROPRIATE IMAGES
POMPANO BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: BSO Media Advisory) — A Broward County Public Schools campus monitor is facing several criminal charges, including soliciting minors and transmitting harmful material to minors, and detectives are concerned there may be more victims in the community.
In February, Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives began a joint investigation with the Broward County Public Schools Special Investigative Unit into Alton Johnson for the crimes. The investigation determined that Johnson, who worked at Blanche Ely High School, solicited two juveniles to send him sexually explicit videos. In one case, Johnson offered the juvenile money in exchange for the video. Johnson is also accused of sending pornographic images to one of the juveniles. Additionally, Johnson is charged with being an authority figure engaged in lewd conduct with a student.
On August 4, Johnson was booked into the Broward County Main Jail on five criminal charges.
Due to Johnson’s job and proximity to minors, detectives fear there may be more victims. Anyone with information about Johnson that could assist investigators is asked to contact Special Victims Unit Detective Robert Rausch at 954-321-4234. If you wish to remain anonymous, contact Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or online at browardcrimestoppers.org.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Florida’s “Vulnerable” Form For COVID-19 Shot May Be HIPAA Violation
- COVID Count Rising In Palm Beach County Schools
- Delray Beach Man, Registered Sex Offender, Arrested Again For Sex Crime
- Teacher, Arrested By Boca Raton Police, Set To Be Fired Today
- Delray’s Tiffany Terrazzano Jailed On Repeat Charge
- Palm Beach County Extends Mask Mandate, Some Fear DeSantis Will Ban It
- Huge Jump In Florida COVID Cases
- POTTY PROBLEM! High Profile Boca Building Sends Tenants To Porta-Johns
- Thieves Targeting Target Wanted By Police