PARENTS APPARENTLY SLOW TO RESPOND
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The highly publicized Palm Beach County School District survey — asking parents when they would feel comfortable sending kids back to school — apparently isn’t generating significant response.
The school district just extended the response deadline, even though school starts remotely in just over 3 weeks. That doesn’t leave a lot of time to interpret the results.
Here’s the advisory just transmitted by the Palm Beach County School District:
The deadline has been extended for parents and guardians to share vital information with the School District about their child’s technology needs for the start of the school year and their preference for the method of instructions, remote or in-person, once the District is back to brick and mortar. Parents have until August 15 to complete the questionnaire.
For each child registered at a District-operated school, parents and guardians are asked to provide the following information:
- The best phone number to reach you as the child’s parent/guardian.
- What your child’s technology needs are for distance learning.
- What your plan is for your child when campuses are able to reopen, guided by Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommendations and legal requirements.
- If your child will need bus transportation when the District reopens schools.
Parents are asked to take a moment to complete this brief questionnaire to provide information necessary to prepare for the 2020-2021 school year.
A separate questionnaire must be submitted for each student in the household.
To log in, type in pb and the child’s 8-digit student ID as both the username and password.
If you are in need of the child’s student ID, parents should ask their child, find it on a report card, progress report, or by log in to the SIS Parent Gateway. For instructions on how to log in to the questionnaire, click here.
For questions about the questionnaire and logging in parents should reach out to their child’s school for assistance.
To register for the upcoming school year, instructions on the registration process and required documents are available here: https://www.palmbeachschools.org/students_parents/student_registration.
For the latest reopening developments visit: palmbeachschools.org/reopeningschools
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Man, With White Claw Beer, Lunges At Cop
- AIRPORT PARKING: Again, Fort Lauderdale Says Garages Full, Opens Overflow
- CLAUDETTE FORMS: Tropical Storm Battering Coast, Florida In Warning Zone
- NOT CLAUDETTE YET: Hurricane Center Says Storm Growing, But Not Named Yet
- Bonefish Grill Sued After Boca Raton Slip and Fall
- Nearly 4000 Palm Beach School District Students, Staffers, Tested Positive For COVID-19
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed On DUI Charge, “Did What She Pleased”
- TROPICAL STORM WARNING: Florida In Forecast For Latest System
- Man Charged In Delray Beach LGBTQ Crosswalk Vandalism