TEAM HOPES TO SETTLE DISPUTES BUT IS PREPARED TO FIGHT LANDLORDS IN COURT
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Evictions are again on hold by executive order, but a quick check of the Palm Beach County Clerk’s Office shows landlords countywide are waiting to pounce just as soon as they are allowed to evict tenants who aren’t paying.
The Palm Beach County Legal Aid Society is creating a “rapid response” team to help Palm Beach County residents who may facing eviction threats. The team will fight on your behalf.
From the Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County:
|Our Rapid Response Eviction Assistance Project (RREAP) will provide free legal services and rental assistance to eligible tenants in Palm Beach County including:|
Pre-suit mediation between landlords and tenants. Legal advice regarding the eviction process. Referrals for rental assistance. Preparation of responses to an eviction lawsuit. Assistance in negotiating repayment plans. Court representation.For the almost 200,000 Palm Beach County residents living in poverty, the pending threat of homelessness is both real and terrifying.
|Some individuals and families facing eviction may opt to crowd the homes of friends and relatives, which will lead to an increased risk of contracting and spreading COVID-19. Worse, those that end up on the street will be at an even higher risk of contracting COVID-19 than those who have the security (and sanitation access) of a home. |
This is not just a challenging set of circumstances – this is a public health crisis. We are ready and able to take action, but we cannot do this without you!
If you need help, here is the contact information for Legal Aid:
|1-800-403-9353 extension 328 or by emailing us at Covid19Response@legalaidpbc.org.|
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Toilet Talk! This Guy Wants Everyone To Hear What He’s Saying In Airport Lounge
- Arrest Made In North Broward Movie Theater Beating
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Drug, Weapon Charges
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two Tropical Storms East Of Florida, Another Wave Developing
- Major Police Activity In West Boca Raton’s Lotus Community
- Stonebridge Country Club Boca Raton Initiates Foreclosure Over $2100
- Major Broward County Crash Backing Up I-95 Traffic Into Boca Raton
- Kings Point Delray Beach Sued After Shooting
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropics Busy, Getting Busier, Two Systems East Of Florida