TEAM HOPES TO SETTLE DISPUTES BUT IS PREPARED TO FIGHT LANDLORDS IN COURT
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Evictions are again on hold by executive order, but a quick check of the Palm Beach County Clerk’s Office shows landlords countywide are waiting to pounce just as soon as they are allowed to evict tenants who aren’t paying.
The Palm Beach County Legal Aid Society is creating a “rapid response” team to help Palm Beach County residents who may facing eviction threats. The team will fight on your behalf.
From the Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County:
|Our Rapid Response Eviction Assistance Project (RREAP) will provide free legal services and rental assistance to eligible tenants in Palm Beach County including:|
Pre-suit mediation between landlords and tenants. Legal advice regarding the eviction process. Referrals for rental assistance. Preparation of responses to an eviction lawsuit. Assistance in negotiating repayment plans. Court representation.For the almost 200,000 Palm Beach County residents living in poverty, the pending threat of homelessness is both real and terrifying.
|Some individuals and families facing eviction may opt to crowd the homes of friends and relatives, which will lead to an increased risk of contracting and spreading COVID-19. Worse, those that end up on the street will be at an even higher risk of contracting COVID-19 than those who have the security (and sanitation access) of a home. |
This is not just a challenging set of circumstances – this is a public health crisis. We are ready and able to take action, but we cannot do this without you!
If you need help, here is the contact information for Legal Aid:
|1-800-403-9353 extension 328 or by emailing us at Covid19Response@legalaidpbc.org.|
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Man, With White Claw Beer, Lunges At Cop
- AIRPORT PARKING: Again, Fort Lauderdale Says Garages Full, Opens Overflow
- CLAUDETTE FORMS: Tropical Storm Battering Coast, Florida In Warning Zone
- NOT CLAUDETTE YET: Hurricane Center Says Storm Growing, But Not Named Yet
- Bonefish Grill Sued After Boca Raton Slip and Fall
- Nearly 4000 Palm Beach School District Students, Staffers, Tested Positive For COVID-19
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed On DUI Charge, “Did What She Pleased”
- TROPICAL STORM WARNING: Florida In Forecast For Latest System
- Man Charged In Delray Beach LGBTQ Crosswalk Vandalism