TEAM HOPES TO SETTLE DISPUTES BUT IS PREPARED TO FIGHT LANDLORDS IN COURT
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Evictions are again on hold by executive order, but a quick check of the Palm Beach County Clerk’s Office shows landlords countywide are waiting to pounce just as soon as they are allowed to evict tenants who aren’t paying.
The Palm Beach County Legal Aid Society is creating a “rapid response” team to help Palm Beach County residents who may facing eviction threats. The team will fight on your behalf.
From the Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County:
|Our Rapid Response Eviction Assistance Project (RREAP) will provide free legal services and rental assistance to eligible tenants in Palm Beach County including:|
Pre-suit mediation between landlords and tenants. Legal advice regarding the eviction process. Referrals for rental assistance. Preparation of responses to an eviction lawsuit. Assistance in negotiating repayment plans. Court representation.For the almost 200,000 Palm Beach County residents living in poverty, the pending threat of homelessness is both real and terrifying.
|Some individuals and families facing eviction may opt to crowd the homes of friends and relatives, which will lead to an increased risk of contracting and spreading COVID-19. Worse, those that end up on the street will be at an even higher risk of contracting COVID-19 than those who have the security (and sanitation access) of a home. |
This is not just a challenging set of circumstances – this is a public health crisis. We are ready and able to take action, but we cannot do this without you!
If you need help, here is the contact information for Legal Aid:
|1-800-403-9353 extension 328 or by emailing us at Covid19Response@legalaidpbc.org.|
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA WEATHER: Cold In Boca Raton, Delray Beach, South Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Superintendent Tells Parents Nothing Will Change Second Semester
- WHERE IS SHE? Boca Police Looking For Marilyn Ruddy
- Jewish Family Services In Boca Donated 500 Meals For Thanksgiving
- Chick-fil-A To Open In West Boca Raton, Will Feed 100 Local Heroes Free For A Year
- FLORIDA: DeSantis Says Lockdowns Do Nothing, Social Distancing Not Needed, State Hits 999,319 Infections
- DESANTIS: VIRTUAL LEARNING TO CONTINUE SPRING SEMESTER
- Palm Beach Schools Return With 785 COVID-19 Cases Logged So Far
- Delray Beach Man Jailed On Child Abuse, Strangulation Charges