DESANTIS ORDER COMES AS FLORIDA LOGS 533,011 CONFIRMED CASES OF COVID-19. NY’S TOTAL IS 418,225.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — He didn’t make a public announcement, but with the stroke of a pen, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis rescinded the order that required travelers from New York, New Jersey and CT to self-quarantine for two weeks upon entering the State of Florida.
Here’s the language from the just-signed Executive Order on Thursday, August 6th, 2020:
Section 3 of Executive Order 20-139, which incorporates requirements of Executive Orders 20-80 and 20-82, as extended by Executive Order 20-166, is rescinded.
20-80 is the executive order requiring the quarantine.
Ironically, while DeSantis is fine with people traveling into Florida, anyone traveling FROM Florida to New York, New Jersey or CT needs to quarantine for two weeks as Florida’s infection count has surpassed New York at its worst.
As of Thursday evening, Florida has logged 533,011 confirmed cases of COVID-19. The death count is 7,871. New York’s statewide total is 418,225.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: New Phase 3 Orders, Clarifications, Sheriff Ordered To Enforce
- Federal Judge Slaps Delray’s Seven Bridges, Litigants LaGrasso and Tannenholz
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Reckless Endangerment Charges For Non-Mask Wearers?
- South Florida Attorney Charged By Feds For Wire, Securities Fraud
- COVID SURGE FLORIDA: 3259 New Cases, 106 New Deaths, Positivity Heading Up
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High