DESANTIS ORDER COMES AS FLORIDA LOGS 533,011 CONFIRMED CASES OF COVID-19. NY’S TOTAL IS 418,225.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — He didn’t make a public announcement, but with the stroke of a pen, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis rescinded the order that required travelers from New York, New Jersey and CT to self-quarantine for two weeks upon entering the State of Florida.
Here’s the language from the just-signed Executive Order on Thursday, August 6th, 2020:
Section 3 of Executive Order 20-139, which incorporates requirements of Executive Orders 20-80 and 20-82, as extended by Executive Order 20-166, is rescinded.
20-80 is the executive order requiring the quarantine.
Ironically, while DeSantis is fine with people traveling into Florida, anyone traveling FROM Florida to New York, New Jersey or CT needs to quarantine for two weeks as Florida’s infection count has surpassed New York at its worst.
As of Thursday evening, Florida has logged 533,011 confirmed cases of COVID-19. The death count is 7,871. New York’s statewide total is 418,225.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday