FLORIDA LOGS 180 NEW DEATHS, PALM BEACH COUNTY LOGS 27, POSITIVITY RATE SEEMS UNBELIEVABLE
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County recorded a near record 27 COVID-19 deaths on Thursday through 11:59 p.m. with 367 new infections. But the reported positivity rate — just 7.4 percent — seems somewhere between improbable and an outright lie. It hit a recent high of 11 percent on July 27th.
BocaNewsNow.com has repeatedly encouraged our intelligent readers to keep a close eye on a sudden positivity rate drop in the few weeks before the Palm Beach County School District is set to begin controversial “distance learning.” We are now just three weeks before school starts. The predicted drop is here.
Of note, the Florida Dept. of Health reported earlier today that the “pediatric positivity rate” for Palm Beach County is still near 15 percent. Pediatricians say there should be no in-person school before it is constantly in the 3-to-5 percent range.
PALM BEACH POSITIVITY RATE POLITICS?
So what’s the allure of a 7.4 percent positivity rate? Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is more likely to move Palm Beach County to a “Phase 2” reopening if the number stays below 10 percent for a few weeks. The Palm Beach County School District says it will start to reopen once Palm Beach County is in Phase 2. You may be watching politics at play. DeSantis wants schools open for in-person learning immediately.
By the numbers: there are now at least 36,114 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Palm Beach County with 919 deaths. Statewide, at least 518,075 confirmed cases of COVID-19 have been logged with 7,927 deaths. Florida’s self-reported statewide positivity rate is now 10.12-percent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge
- GETTING WORSE: Florida COVID Positivity Rate Highest In A Month
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL COUNT JUMPS: More Than 3000 Hospitalized For COVID
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?
- Crowds, Chaos At Fort Lauderdale Airport Monday Morning
- Golf Instructor Drake Kelso Jailed On DUI Charge, Said Gun Was In Car