FLORIDA LOGS 180 NEW DEATHS, PALM BEACH COUNTY LOGS 27, POSITIVITY RATE SEEMS UNBELIEVABLE
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County recorded a near record 27 COVID-19 deaths on Thursday through 11:59 p.m. with 367 new infections. But the reported positivity rate — just 7.4 percent — seems somewhere between improbable and an outright lie. It hit a recent high of 11 percent on July 27th.
BocaNewsNow.com has repeatedly encouraged our intelligent readers to keep a close eye on a sudden positivity rate drop in the few weeks before the Palm Beach County School District is set to begin controversial “distance learning.” We are now just three weeks before school starts. The predicted drop is here.
Of note, the Florida Dept. of Health reported earlier today that the “pediatric positivity rate” for Palm Beach County is still near 15 percent. Pediatricians say there should be no in-person school before it is constantly in the 3-to-5 percent range.
PALM BEACH POSITIVITY RATE POLITICS?
So what’s the allure of a 7.4 percent positivity rate? Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is more likely to move Palm Beach County to a “Phase 2” reopening if the number stays below 10 percent for a few weeks. The Palm Beach County School District says it will start to reopen once Palm Beach County is in Phase 2. You may be watching politics at play. DeSantis wants schools open for in-person learning immediately.
By the numbers: there are now at least 36,114 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Palm Beach County with 919 deaths. Statewide, at least 518,075 confirmed cases of COVID-19 have been logged with 7,927 deaths. Florida’s self-reported statewide positivity rate is now 10.12-percent.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Forming In Atlantic…In December!
- Palm Beach County School District Set To Expel Six Students
- CRANE COLLAPSES ON I-95, SHUTTING DOWN INTERSTATE, MASSIVE DELAYS
- Amex Sues Palm Beach County Man Over $272K Unpaid Bill
- West Boca Raton Shooting Victim Identified
- I-95 To Close In Delray Beach This Week, Here’s What You Need To Know
- KINGS POINT DELRAY BEACH: Another Resident Arrested, This Time For DUI
- UPDATE: Man Found Shot On Glades Road In Boca Raton Is Broward Resident
- Popular Atlantic Avenue Delray Beach Restaurant Cited By Health Inspector