FLORIDA LOGS 180 NEW DEATHS, PALM BEACH COUNTY LOGS 27, POSITIVITY RATE SEEMS UNBELIEVABLE
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County recorded a near record 27 COVID-19 deaths on Thursday through 11:59 p.m. with 367 new infections. But the reported positivity rate — just 7.4 percent — seems somewhere between improbable and an outright lie. It hit a recent high of 11 percent on July 27th.
BocaNewsNow.com has repeatedly encouraged our intelligent readers to keep a close eye on a sudden positivity rate drop in the few weeks before the Palm Beach County School District is set to begin controversial “distance learning.” We are now just three weeks before school starts. The predicted drop is here.
Of note, the Florida Dept. of Health reported earlier today that the “pediatric positivity rate” for Palm Beach County is still near 15 percent. Pediatricians say there should be no in-person school before it is constantly in the 3-to-5 percent range.
PALM BEACH POSITIVITY RATE POLITICS?
So what’s the allure of a 7.4 percent positivity rate? Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is more likely to move Palm Beach County to a “Phase 2” reopening if the number stays below 10 percent for a few weeks. The Palm Beach County School District says it will start to reopen once Palm Beach County is in Phase 2. You may be watching politics at play. DeSantis wants schools open for in-person learning immediately.
By the numbers: there are now at least 36,114 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Palm Beach County with 919 deaths. Statewide, at least 518,075 confirmed cases of COVID-19 have been logged with 7,927 deaths. Florida’s self-reported statewide positivity rate is now 10.12-percent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens