BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County Mayor Dave Kerner didn’t mince words during a Friday afternoon COVID-19 update.
“There is a time to transition to compliance,” he said — adding that there’s been enough education about COVID-19 rules, now it’s time to enforce those rules.
According to Kerner, at least 52 written warnings have been issued to businesses in Palm Beach County that have violated COVID-19 executive orders. Kerner said 24 businesses have been ordered closed. Some, he said, may have been restaurants staying open past 11 p.m., others may be businesses that aren’t allowed to open at all under Phase One of Florida’s reopening plan.
Seven businesses have been declared health and safety emergencies and now face fines up to $15,000 a day.
Seven businesses have been declared health and safety emergencies and now face fines up to $15,000 a day. Those businesses are ordered to appear in front of a magistrate. One of them — a strip club — “was acting like COVID-19 didn’t exist,” said Kerner.
Kerner said he executed an executive order that now gives authorities throughout Palm Beach County the ability to enforce all state executive orders — as well as county executive orders — with civil and criminal penalties.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge
- GETTING WORSE: Florida COVID Positivity Rate Highest In A Month
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL COUNT JUMPS: More Than 3000 Hospitalized For COVID
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?
- Crowds, Chaos At Fort Lauderdale Airport Monday Morning
- Golf Instructor Drake Kelso Jailed On DUI Charge, Said Gun Was In Car