POSITIVITY RATE SUGGESTS IN-PERSON SCHOOL WON’T HAPPEN ANYTIME SOON
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The pediatric positivity rate for Palm Beach County is now higher than it was nearly two weeks ago. The just released numbers from the Florida Department of Health — in its weekly pediatric-only report — reveal a positivity rate of 14.5 percent for Palm Beach County kids. On July 27th the rate was 14.4.
The Florida Department of Health uses the term “pediatric” for children under age 18.
While the DOH is not breaking down infections by age group at the county level in its weekly pediatric report, it does provide that information on a statewide level.
As of Friday morning (August 7, 2020):
UNDER AGE 1: 2,216 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida.
AGES 1-4: 6,296 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida.
AGES 5-10: 10,469 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida.
AGES 11-13: 6,629 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida.
AGES 14-17: 14,125 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida.
In Palm Beach County, the Florida Department of Health reports at least 2,640 confirmed pediatric COVID-19 cases. Palm Beach County ranks fourth, behind Miami-Dade (8,219 cases), Broward (5,959), and Hillsborough (2,857).
The Florida Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics says in-person school should NOT happen until the pediatric positivity rate is consistently in the 3 to 5 percent range.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FEDCON1: Aaron Singerman Nearly 3 Times Legal Limit After Crashing Boat Multiple Times
- Palm Beach County Supervisor of Elections Is Hiring
- SIRENS: Dead In A Palm Beach Hotel, Crash On I-95, Fall At Olympic Heights High
- FLYING TODAY? JetBlue, United, Southwest All Reporting Delays Out Of Fort Lauderdale
- WEATHER: Stunning Days Ahead For Boca Raton, Delray Beach
- OMICRON: No Mask Change, Yet, For Palm Beach Schools
- SIRENS: Car Crashes At SunPass Building, Several Fall In Boca West, Pot Burns At Kings Point
- Boynton Man Who Allegedly Stole Kid’s College Fund Demands Article Removal, Not Happening
- Multiple High Priority Violations For Boca Raton Italian Restaurant