POSITIVITY RATE SUGGESTS IN-PERSON SCHOOL WON’T HAPPEN ANYTIME SOON
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The pediatric positivity rate for Palm Beach County is now higher than it was nearly two weeks ago. The just released numbers from the Florida Department of Health — in its weekly pediatric-only report — reveal a positivity rate of 14.5 percent for Palm Beach County kids. On July 27th the rate was 14.4.
The Florida Department of Health uses the term “pediatric” for children under age 18.
While the DOH is not breaking down infections by age group at the county level in its weekly pediatric report, it does provide that information on a statewide level.
As of Friday morning (August 7, 2020):
UNDER AGE 1: 2,216 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida.
AGES 1-4: 6,296 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida.
AGES 5-10: 10,469 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida.
AGES 11-13: 6,629 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida.
AGES 14-17: 14,125 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida.
In Palm Beach County, the Florida Department of Health reports at least 2,640 confirmed pediatric COVID-19 cases. Palm Beach County ranks fourth, behind Miami-Dade (8,219 cases), Broward (5,959), and Hillsborough (2,857).
The Florida Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics says in-person school should NOT happen until the pediatric positivity rate is consistently in the 3 to 5 percent range.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation