FLORIDA INFECTION COUNT RISING AGAIN, NOW 8,541 NEW CASES LOGGED, SEVEN DAY HIGH
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida’s infection count is steadily rising again and significant death counts are still being recorded and reported. On Friday, through 11:59 p.m., the Florida Dept. of Health says 182 COVID-19 deaths were added to the books, with 8,541 new infections. That’s a 7-day high. The positivity rate, for all of Florida, is 9.91-percent, according to health officials.
In Palm Beach County, 449 new confirmed COVID-19 cases were added on Friday through 11:59 p.m. with 10 new deaths. The positivity rate remains questionably low — 7.5-percent. We maintain that the sudden drop reported by the Florida Dept. of Health is not unrelated to Palm Beach County Schools starting in just a few weeks and Gov. Ron DeSantis’ continued push to start schools in person — and now school sports.
Palm Beach County has recorded a total of 36,600 COVID-19 cases with 929 deaths. Statewide, Florida has recorded 526,577 infections with 8,109 deaths.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TURNPIKE CRASH UPDATE: Victim Of Fender Bender Killed When Hit Near Glades Road
- Generator Company Reviews: Tell Us About Your Experience In Palm Beach County
- United Way Of Palm Beach County Raises $433K For Non-Profit Workers
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED: Critical Crash Northbound Near Glades Road
- HURRICANE CENTER: Keep An Eye On The Wave, Development Possible
- Homeowner Sues Valencia Reserve, Critically Injured
- DONNA KLEIN JEWISH ACADEMY SUED: STUDENT BULLIED, INJURED
- POLICE: Bulldog Named Morty Attacks Golden Retriever In Seven Bridges, Punctures Ear
- HURRICANE CENTER: There’s Another Wave To Watch