INCREASE COMES AS REPORT SURFACES SUGGESTING FLORIDA IS UNDERCOUNTING COVID-19 DEATHS
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida’s funeral industry continues to remain busy as the state logged another 77 COVID-19 deaths on Saturday through 11:59 p.m. The infection count increased by 6,248. That brings Florida’s total death count to 8,186 and infection count to 532,806. The positivity rate, based on Saturday’s reporting, is 8.46-percent.
In Palm Beach County, another 2 COVID-19 deaths were logged on Saturday through 11:59 p.m. with 417 new COVID-19 infections. The Palm Beach County total death count is now at least 931 with 37,020 infections. The positivity rate, based on Saturday’s reporting, is a highly questionable 7.1-percent.
Today’s numbers come as the New York Times suggests that Florida is among many states dramatically under reporting COVID-19 deaths. Reporters analyzed the “normal” number of deaths for the time period of March through July. Compared to the same period this year, there’s a roughly 1000 death difference between normal and those logged as COVID-19, raising questions about why these “excess deaths” exist.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School
- Boca Raton Man Claims 800-Pack-Rat Sold His Stuff When Credit Card Expired
- Florida Teachers Slam DeSantis, Call On Him To Listen To Medical Professionals
- BREAKING: Palm Beach County Reinstates Mandatory Masking In Public Buildings
- SCARED SCHOOL BOARD: We Obtain Private Email From Member Fearing Gov. DeSantis
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent