INCREASE COMES AS REPORT SURFACES SUGGESTING FLORIDA IS UNDERCOUNTING COVID-19 DEATHS
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida’s funeral industry continues to remain busy as the state logged another 77 COVID-19 deaths on Saturday through 11:59 p.m. The infection count increased by 6,248. That brings Florida’s total death count to 8,186 and infection count to 532,806. The positivity rate, based on Saturday’s reporting, is 8.46-percent.
In Palm Beach County, another 2 COVID-19 deaths were logged on Saturday through 11:59 p.m. with 417 new COVID-19 infections. The Palm Beach County total death count is now at least 931 with 37,020 infections. The positivity rate, based on Saturday’s reporting, is a highly questionable 7.1-percent.
Today’s numbers come as the New York Times suggests that Florida is among many states dramatically under reporting COVID-19 deaths. Reporters analyzed the “normal” number of deaths for the time period of March through July. Compared to the same period this year, there’s a roughly 1000 death difference between normal and those logged as COVID-19, raising questions about why these “excess deaths” exist.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID SURGE FLORIDA: 3259 New Cases, 106 New Deaths, Positivity Heading Up
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High
- Police Cam Captures Takedown Of Former Campaign Official
- Masks Still Required In Palm Beach County Schools
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain