Still Too Early For Concern, But System Is One To Watch
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The tropical wave that Sunday appeared unlikely to develop is today looking like something to watch. The National Hurricane Center now says the yellow “X” above has a 60-percent chance of becoming a tropical depression — despite conditions becoming “less conducive” for development later in the week. Simply put: it’s too early to rule this in — or out — as something that could affect South Florida at some point.
From the National Hurricane Center at 8 a.m. Monday:
Showers and thunderstorms associated with a tropical wave and broad area of low pressure located about 600 miles west-southwest of the Cabo Verde Islands have changed little in organization since yesterday. Environmental conditions are expected to be somewhat conducive for development to occur, and a tropical depression could form during the next day or two while the disturbance moves generally westward to west-northwestward at 10 to 15 mph across the tropical Atlantic. Conditions are forecast to become less conducive for development by the end of the week. * Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...60 percent. * Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY RATE JUMPS, HOSPITALIZATIONS SURGE
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Has Never Been So Dangerous For COVID-19
- Teachers: No Organized Walkout Planned Over Masking Battle
- FLORIDA SETS RECORD: 21,683 COVID CASES RECORDED ON FRIDAY
- Delray Beach Man Allegedly Held Knife To Wife, False Imprisonment Charge
- Heading To Airport? Yet Again, Fort Lauderdale Parking Is Packed
- EXCEPTIONALLY BAD: Florida Department Health COVID Report Is Dire
- Publix Mask Mandate Returns, Associates For Now, Customer Decision Pending
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT