Still Too Early For Concern, But System Is One To Watch
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The tropical wave that Sunday appeared unlikely to develop is today looking like something to watch. The National Hurricane Center now says the yellow “X” above has a 60-percent chance of becoming a tropical depression — despite conditions becoming “less conducive” for development later in the week. Simply put: it’s too early to rule this in — or out — as something that could affect South Florida at some point.
From the National Hurricane Center at 8 a.m. Monday:
Showers and thunderstorms associated with a tropical wave and broad area of low pressure located about 600 miles west-southwest of the Cabo Verde Islands have changed little in organization since yesterday. Environmental conditions are expected to be somewhat conducive for development to occur, and a tropical depression could form during the next day or two while the disturbance moves generally westward to west-northwestward at 10 to 15 mph across the tropical Atlantic. Conditions are forecast to become less conducive for development by the end of the week. * Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...60 percent. * Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- JULY 4th: City Of Boca Raton Releases ”Fabulous” Event Schedule
- We Asked About Trump And Baker Act, The Responses Are Unreal
- UPDATE: Hookers Were Actually Strippers In Seven Bridges Incident
- FAU Names New Dean of University Libraries
- Boca Raton Real Estate Agent Held On $200,000 Bond
- Several Boca Raton Area Elementary Schools Show Declines In Spring FSAs
- Eight Years In Federal Prison For Seven Bridges Resident
- WE ASK: Could Donald Trump Be Baker Acted In Florida?
- TRAFFIC: Major Projects Continuing In, Around Boca Raton