Board Members Considering The Latest COVID Reopening Plan, After Florida Department of Education Vetoes Plan Board Previously Approved
Watch Live, Below
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The drama that is the 2020-2021 school year is playing out live right now in Palm Beach County. The School Board is meeting right now to consider a new plan — newer than the plan it approved a few weeks ago — for reopening.
If you’re late to the party, the Palm Beach County School District approved a plan that would eventually bring students back in phases once health and other officials determine it’s safe to do so. But Governor Ron DeSantis and the Florida Dept. of Education didn’t like that plan, wanting everyone back at the same time.
Superintendent Donald Fennoy crafted a new plan that would offer in-person education to anyone who wants it, while simultaneously offering remote education as well.
The School Board is now deciding whether that “new” plan is acceptable.
Expect the meeting — which started at 2 p.m. (Wednesday, August 12, 2020), to continue for several hours.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud
- Delray Beach, Boca Raton Real Estate Prices Soar, Inventory Drops
- No School Friday, Palm Beach County Schools To Close For Students
- Delray Beach Woman Facing Fraud, Drug Charges