STUNNING ADMISSION FROM HEALTH DEPARTMENT, BUT TRUE IMPACT ON DATA UNCLEAR
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida Department of Health is taking the rare step of calling out a South Florida lab, while admitting that data provided today — Wednesday — may be skewed.
From the Florida Dept. of Health:
“Today, the Florida Department of Health (DOH) received a backlog of testing data from Niznik Lab Corp in Miami, dating back to June 23. The lab reported more than 4,000 cases occurring over the past 7 weeks, which had not been reported to DOH until today. Therefore, this backlog severely skews today’s daily report for Miami-Dade County and is not reflective of current trends. Once DOH was informed of this testing data backlog, the agency immediately reached out to Niznik Lab and is investigating the matter, along with Miami-Dade County leadership.”
It is unclear if any samples from Palm Beach County were sent to the lab in question. It is also unclear if other labs are also holding data — “dumping” it when convenient or politically beneficial.
While this does NOT affect the death count which comes from Medical Examiners statewide, it potentially affects positivity rate and infection data.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BREAKING: Man Shot In Head Just South Of Boca Raton, Search Underway
- REWARD: Fatal Shooting South Of Boca Raton, Who Is The Killer?
- WEATHER ALERT: Thunderstorms Moving Into Boca Raton
- LAWSUIT: OFFICE DEPOT SPAMMED CUSTOMERS
- WE ASK: What’s Your Experience With “PackMy RX”?
- Second DUI Arrest In Weeks For Delray Beach’s Scott Fisher
- BABY FORMULA: United Way Offers “Food Finder” Map In Palm Beach County
- Boynton Police Nab Juvenile Attacker, Ask For Other Victims To Come Forward
- Water Rescue At Kings Point After Man Falls In Lake