BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida Department of Health, in a report delayed nearly two hours, says 148 new COVID-19 deaths were logged on Wednesday through 11:59 p.m. with 6,331 new infections. The new numbers come a day after Gov. Ron DeSantis claimed that a Miami lab is responsible for a massive data dump Wednesday that skewed numbers. The new infection reporting, however, is still higher than it was on Monday and Tuesday.
The positivity rate for Wednesday’s reporting is 9.52-percent.
There are now 557,137 confirmed COVID-19 infections in Florida with 8,913 deaths.
In Palm Beach County, 267 new COVID-19 infections were added on Wednesday through 11:59 p.m. with 10 new deaths. The positivity rate rose 7.0-percent, although that is a number that still seems low based on other reporting.
The total infection count in Palm Beach County is now 38,208 with 964 deaths. At least 2,927 people have been hospitalized in Palm Beach County with COVID-19 related issues.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY DECLARES STATE OF EMERGENCY
- HURRICANE IAN: Schools Open But Heavy Rain, Strong Rain Expected In South Florida
- DEAD IN VALENCIA FALLS: Woman Drives Into Garage, Backs Into House, Utility Pole
- Loggers’ Run Boca Raton Forecloses On Homeowner Over $777
- CAR THEFTS: POLICE FRUSTRATED WITH SEVEN BRIDGES, LOTUS BOARDS
- HURRICANE IAN MAY PACK 130 MPH WINDS AS IT APPROACHES FLORIDA
- IAN: PALM BEACH COUNTY WARNS OF HEAVY RAIN, TORNADOES
- REMINDER: All Schools Closed In Palm Beach County Monday
- IAN TRACK SHIFTS, BUT SOUTH FLORIDA TOLD UNCERTAINTY HIGH