UPDATE: Thursday, August 13, 2020 7:35 a.m.: There has been an arrest. Read it here.
BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boynton Beach Police and the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office evacuated apartments and homes near Congress Avenue and Old Boynton Road Wednesday when a number of pipe bombs were found in the area.
From Boynton Police:
“Responding officers located suspicious objects and have shut down the Old Boynton Road from Congress Avenue to Renaissance Commons Boulevard, the Oakwood Square Shopping Center and the south end of the Town Center Shopping Center near Target and Best Buy.”
That was followed by this update:
“Out of an abundance of caution, officers have evacuated the following areas: Poinciana West Apartment, the homes along Hoadley Road and the Oakwood Square Shopping Center.”
Just after midnight, this advisory was issued by Boynton Beach Police:
“The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office Bomb Squad advised that they located and disabled several pipe bombs in a grassy area off of Hoadley Road.
Our Crime Scene Unit is now photographing and collecting evidence. Hoadly Road will reopen when they are finished.
We thank PBSO’s Bomb Squad, Palm Beach County Fire Rescue Special Operations and Boynton Beach Fire Rescue for their assistance tonight.“
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton’s Alisa Catoggio Pleads Guilty To $40M Federal Kickback Scheme
- COPS ON SCENE: Double Shooting South Of Boca Raton
- SMELL SMOKE? Don’t Worry About It, There’s A Controlled Burn
- ALLIGATOR ALLEY SHOOTING: Police Seeks Suspect, Ask Public For Tips
- ALERT: Palm Beach County COVID Risk Spikes
- EXTREMELY DRUNK: Cops Say Boca Raton Man Three Times Limit
- AT LEAST SIX SEX OFFENDERS LIVE IN KINGS POINT DELRAY BEACH
- Moses Sues Walmart, Claims Parking Lot More Dangerous Than Red Sea
- Sentencing For Female Fraudster, Seven Bridges Homeowner, Delayed