UPDATE: Thursday, August 13, 2020 7:35 a.m.: There has been an arrest. Read it here.
BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boynton Beach Police and the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office evacuated apartments and homes near Congress Avenue and Old Boynton Road Wednesday when a number of pipe bombs were found in the area.
From Boynton Police:
“Responding officers located suspicious objects and have shut down the Old Boynton Road from Congress Avenue to Renaissance Commons Boulevard, the Oakwood Square Shopping Center and the south end of the Town Center Shopping Center near Target and Best Buy.”
That was followed by this update:
“Out of an abundance of caution, officers have evacuated the following areas: Poinciana West Apartment, the homes along Hoadley Road and the Oakwood Square Shopping Center.”
Just after midnight, this advisory was issued by Boynton Beach Police:
“The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office Bomb Squad advised that they located and disabled several pipe bombs in a grassy area off of Hoadley Road.
Our Crime Scene Unit is now photographing and collecting evidence. Hoadly Road will reopen when they are finished.
We thank PBSO’s Bomb Squad, Palm Beach County Fire Rescue Special Operations and Boynton Beach Fire Rescue for their assistance tonight.“
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens