WORKING DOCUMENT: TEACHERS NOT PERMITTED TO WEAR NECK GAITERS, MASKS WITH VENTS
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County School District teachers diagnosed with COVID-19 will apparently need to take a “leave of absence” which may count against their accumulated sick days or vacation days.
A working document obtained by BocaNewsNow.com also reveals that teachers will be required to follow very specific guidelines, rules, and regulations when it comes to facial coverings.
“All face coverings must be made with at least 2 layers of breathable material, fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face and be secured with ties or ear loops allowing the employee to remain hands-free. At this time, based on guidance from health authorities, neck gaiters, open-chin triangle bandanas and face coverings containing valves, mesh material or holes of any kind are not acceptable face coverings. Please note facial covering are in addition to, and not a substitute for, the required social distancing.”
Non-compliant teachers face stiff penalties.
“Failure to follow any of the above directives will be treated as insubordination and may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment,”: states the document.
“Failure to follow any of the above directives will be treated as insubordination and may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.”
Read the complete working document, which is to approved by the Palm Beach County School Board within the next several days, below.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: Boca Raton Man Claimed Girlfriend Had Knife, Pills, So Batters Her To Save Her
- FAU Henderson University School Ranked Second In USA For K-5
- Woman Slips On Pool Deck, Sues Boca’s Broken Sound Country Club
- HURRICANE CENTER: Keep An Eye On Growing System East Of Florida
- FEDS: Local Man, “Dandy Daddy,” Sentenced To Eight Years In Prison
- Flanigan’s Boca Raton Cited For Flying Insects
- GAS LEAK: Airport Road In Boca Raton Closed
- STRAIGHT OUTTA KINGS POINT: Stalking, Murder Threat Charges Filed
- COVID Cases Rise In Palm Beach County School District