BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County pediatric positivity rate is 12.3 percent, according to the Florida Dept. of Health. That covers the period from July 31st through August 13th. Palm Beach County is third in Florida for similarly sized counties. Both Miami-Dade and Broward counties have a higher positivity rate.
While the Department of Health is not breaking down age groups at the county level as a part of its report, it is providing an overview of all cases in the state:
From July 31st, 2020 through August 13, 2020 in all of Florida:
358 children under age 1 tested positive for COVID-19.
1,222 children age 1-4 tested positive for COVID-19.
2,249 children age 5-10 tested positive for COVID-19.
1,561 children age 11-13 tested positive for COVID-19.
3,009 children age 14-17 tested positive for COVID-19.
At least 548 children have been hospitalized in Florida COVID-19. The child death count is 7.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Broward Doctor Stewart Bitman Jailed On Child Solicitation Charges
- Robert Weinroth, Vice PBC Mayor, Blasts Local Vaccine Distribution
- Boca Raton Stopped Key COVID Report Just Before Presidential Election
- Omni Middle School Violent Bullying Leads To Lawsuit
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed On DUI Charge
- Biden Battles DeSantis Over FEMA COVID Shot Camps
- Boca Raton’s Dean Formica Killed In Crash
- POLICE REPORT: Emaciated Boca Raton Dog Died, Owner Jailed
- Palm Beach School District Adds More Than 500 COVID Cases In Days