BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County pediatric positivity rate is 12.3 percent, according to the Florida Dept. of Health. That covers the period from July 31st through August 13th. Palm Beach County is third in Florida for similarly sized counties. Both Miami-Dade and Broward counties have a higher positivity rate.
While the Department of Health is not breaking down age groups at the county level as a part of its report, it is providing an overview of all cases in the state:
From July 31st, 2020 through August 13, 2020 in all of Florida:
358 children under age 1 tested positive for COVID-19.
1,222 children age 1-4 tested positive for COVID-19.
2,249 children age 5-10 tested positive for COVID-19.
1,561 children age 11-13 tested positive for COVID-19.
3,009 children age 14-17 tested positive for COVID-19.
At least 548 children have been hospitalized in Florida COVID-19. The child death count is 7.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud
- Delray Beach, Boca Raton Real Estate Prices Soar, Inventory Drops
- No School Friday, Palm Beach County Schools To Close For Students
- Delray Beach Woman Facing Fraud, Drug Charges