PARENTS USING KIDS TO PROMOTE “NO MASK AGENDA” WILL BE TOLD TO KEEP KIDS HOME FOR DISTANCE LEARNING
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Unless the child has a breathing tube or other documented medical issue, any child taking part in “in-person” learning once the Palm Beach County School District resumes “brick and mortar” education will be required to wear a mask. The only exceptions: physical education, chorus and lunch.
Parents who attempt to use their children to promote an “anti mask” agenda will be dealt with, according to several high-level school district officials.
Parents who attempt to use their children to promote an “anti mask” agenda will be dealt with, according to several high-level school district officials. That includes prohibiting the child from returning to the physical school building.
Here is the official mask policy that is expected to be adopted by the school board prior to the start of school. The document has been approved by Palm Beach County School District attorneys.
The highlights — from a school district memo — follow. The complete working document is viewable below as a PDF.
— While in school, students must comply with all directives related to health and safety, including: social distancing guidelines; usage of common areas and spaces; revised school procedures; staggered arrivals and dismissal times; limited movement through campus; enhanced sanitization; wearing of facial coverings; additional rules for riding the school bus; and changes implemented in after care, before school care, and any school activity outside the school day, needed to comply with the recommended health and safety guidelines, including state, local and CDC guidelines.
— Students must wear facial coverings at all times except when seated while eating; or for school related activities such PE, band, chorus or other related physical activity as approved by the school principal or designee. Exemptions or accommodations (including a plastic shield) to facial coverings must be verified by a treating licensed medical physician as required by the ADA, or Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and agreed to by a compliant 504 Team.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Several Boca Raton Elementary Schools Face Boundary Changes For Next School Year
- UPDATE: Turo Claims It Paid For Damage To Boca Man’s Car After Drug Addict’s Crash, But…
- PBSO Takes Over Deadly I-95 Shooting Investigation
- ARREST: Boca Man, Accused Of Cheating With Woman Overseas, Charged With Felony
- SIRENS: Traumatic Injury At West Boca High, Dead In Valencia, Overheating At Delray Tennis Center
- Delray Beach Woman Allegedly Attacks Mother, Wrongly Claims She Won’t Be Arrested
- UPDATE: Palm Beach School Threat Ongoing, Yet Nothing, All At The Same Time
- LAWSUIT: Paver Company Steamrolled Local Homeowner During Pool Renovation
- SIRENS: Choking In Boca, Suicide Attempt At Target, Trauma At A Country Club