PARENTS USING KIDS TO PROMOTE “NO MASK AGENDA” WILL BE TOLD TO KEEP KIDS HOME FOR DISTANCE LEARNING
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Unless the child has a breathing tube or other documented medical issue, any child taking part in “in-person” learning once the Palm Beach County School District resumes “brick and mortar” education will be required to wear a mask. The only exceptions: physical education, chorus and lunch.
Parents who attempt to use their children to promote an “anti mask” agenda will be dealt with, according to several high-level school district officials.
Parents who attempt to use their children to promote an “anti mask” agenda will be dealt with, according to several high-level school district officials. That includes prohibiting the child from returning to the physical school building.
Here is the official mask policy that is expected to be adopted by the school board prior to the start of school. The document has been approved by Palm Beach County School District attorneys.
The highlights — from a school district memo — follow. The complete working document is viewable below as a PDF.
— While in school, students must comply with all directives related to health and safety, including: social distancing guidelines; usage of common areas and spaces; revised school procedures; staggered arrivals and dismissal times; limited movement through campus; enhanced sanitization; wearing of facial coverings; additional rules for riding the school bus; and changes implemented in after care, before school care, and any school activity outside the school day, needed to comply with the recommended health and safety guidelines, including state, local and CDC guidelines.
— Students must wear facial coverings at all times except when seated while eating; or for school related activities such PE, band, chorus or other related physical activity as approved by the school principal or designee. Exemptions or accommodations (including a plastic shield) to facial coverings must be verified by a treating licensed medical physician as required by the ADA, or Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and agreed to by a compliant 504 Team.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: New Phase 3 Orders, Clarifications, Sheriff Ordered To Enforce
- Federal Judge Slaps Delray’s Seven Bridges, Litigants LaGrasso and Tannenholz
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Reckless Endangerment Charges For Non-Mask Wearers?
- South Florida Attorney Charged By Feds For Wire, Securities Fraud
- COVID SURGE FLORIDA: 3259 New Cases, 106 New Deaths, Positivity Heading Up
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High