Palm Beach County School District “Distance Learning” Is Now A Full Day Of “Live” Teaching For Many Students
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Parents across Boca Raton, Delray Beach and Boynton Beach are reaching out today to simultaneously express elation and concern as they find out the new Palm Beach County School District “distance learning” model involves live teaching all day long.
Gone are the good old days of a live “Google Meet” at 9 a.m., two hours of work, then spending the rest of the day with Phineas and Ferb. The Palm Beach County School District is making major changes to what teachers are required to do during what may be a full semester of learning from home.
Gone are the good old days of a live “Google Meet” at 9 a.m., two hours of work, then spending the rest of the day with Phineas and Ferb.
For many students in many classes, the “distance learning day” is going to look a lot like a real day, with “live” teaching starting at 8 a.m. and continuing until 2 p.m., with a short break for lunch.
That’s a long time to spend in front of an 11-inch Chrome Book. So we suggest a “Chrome Box.” A Chrome Box is like a Chrome Book, but you use your own screen, mouse and webcam. Amazon sells refurbished Chrome Box units that are overall reasonably priced. BocaNewsNow.com is adamantly not an “affiliate link” website, so we’ll let you find it yourself. But if you are looking for a “bigger screen” computer experience without actually buying an iMac or similar high-priced computer for your child, a Chrome Box may be the way to go.
Just like a Chromebook, logging into the Palm Beach County School District system takes just a minute or two — once you’re in, you’re good to go for the school year.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Reckless Endangerment Charges For Non-Mask Wearers?
- South Florida Attorney Charged By Feds For Wire, Securities Fraud
- COVID SURGE FLORIDA: 3259 New Cases, 106 New Deaths, Positivity Heading Up
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High
- Police Cam Captures Takedown Of Former Campaign Official
- Masks Still Required In Palm Beach County Schools