POLICE: Employee At High-End Eatery Stole Rewards Points From Guests
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — An employee at Loch Bar in Mizner Park is facing fraud charges. She allegedly used a rewards card from the high-end restaurant to collect points for her customers’ meals.
According to the arrest report which you can read below, Diana Leos of Port Royal Blvd. in Fort Lauderdale engaged in the “fraud” for months — swiping her own rewards card when points should have been awarded to her customers.
Leos, according to the police report, was caught by surveillance camera and computer systems that identified a problem — flagging transactions that seemed fraudulent. Management reviewed the transactions and eventually looped in police who arrested Leos on Thursday.
The official charges: “Larceny, Grand Theft (more than) $5,000 less than $10,000 dollars,” and “Fraud/Swindle — Obtain Property under $20,000.”
Bond was set at $2,000. Leos was released from jail early Friday morning. The complete arrest report is below.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Biden Battles DeSantis Over FEMA COVID Shot Camps
- Boca Raton’s Dean Formica Killed In Crash
- POLICE REPORT: Emaciated Boca Raton Dog Died, Owner Jailed
- Palm Beach School District Adds More Than 500 COVID Cases In Days
- Boca Raton Gym Sued For $1M In Rent
- COVID Vaccine Distribution In Palm Beach County Is Worse Than You Think
- Shot, Mauled, Or Drowned? What Happened To This Boca Raton Cat?
- COVID Is Getting Worse In Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Animal Cruelty Charges