POLICE: Employee At High-End Eatery Stole Rewards Points From Guests
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — An employee at Loch Bar in Mizner Park is facing fraud charges. She allegedly used a rewards card from the high-end restaurant to collect points for her customers’ meals.
According to the arrest report which you can read below, Diana Leos of Port Royal Blvd. in Fort Lauderdale engaged in the “fraud” for months — swiping her own rewards card when points should have been awarded to her customers.
Leos, according to the police report, was caught by surveillance camera and computer systems that identified a problem — flagging transactions that seemed fraudulent. Management reviewed the transactions and eventually looped in police who arrested Leos on Thursday.
The official charges: “Larceny, Grand Theft (more than) $5,000 less than $10,000 dollars,” and “Fraud/Swindle — Obtain Property under $20,000.”
Bond was set at $2,000. Leos was released from jail early Friday morning. The complete arrest report is below.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Sentencing For Female Fraudster, Seven Bridges Homeowner, Delayed
- DEAD ROACHES FOUND IN BOCA RATON RESTAURANT
- KINGS POINT: Convicted Cyberstalker Re-Arrested
- Man In Dominant-Submissive Relationship Submits To Feds, Sentenced To 50 Years
- Free School Supplies Available For 2022-23 Palm Beach County Students
- Boca Raton Mobile Home Destroyed Overnight In Blaze
- SWIMMING? These Area Pools Are Unsatisfactory, Says Health Dept.
- RESTRAINING DISABLED CHILDREN: PB Schools Set To Adopt Policy In Days
- TRAFFIC AHEAD: Expect Delays, Road Closures This Week In Palm Beach County