POLICE: Employee At High-End Eatery Stole Rewards Points From Guests
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — An employee at Loch Bar in Mizner Park is facing fraud charges. She allegedly used a rewards card from the high-end restaurant to collect points for her customers’ meals.
According to the arrest report which you can read below, Diana Leos of Port Royal Blvd. in Fort Lauderdale engaged in the “fraud” for months — swiping her own rewards card when points should have been awarded to her customers.
Leos, according to the police report, was caught by surveillance camera and computer systems that identified a problem — flagging transactions that seemed fraudulent. Management reviewed the transactions and eventually looped in police who arrested Leos on Thursday.
The official charges: “Larceny, Grand Theft (more than) $5,000 less than $10,000 dollars,” and “Fraud/Swindle — Obtain Property under $20,000.”
Bond was set at $2,000. Leos was released from jail early Friday morning. The complete arrest report is below.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender
- NUMBER GAMES? COVID-19 Deaths High In Florida As DOH Says Positivity Low
- COVID-19 INFECTION: Boynton Elementary Student First In School District To Test Positive