POLICE: Employee At High-End Eatery Stole Rewards Points From Guests
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — An employee at Loch Bar in Mizner Park is facing fraud charges. She allegedly used a rewards card from the high-end restaurant to collect points for her customers’ meals.
According to the arrest report which you can read below, Diana Leos of Port Royal Blvd. in Fort Lauderdale engaged in the “fraud” for months — swiping her own rewards card when points should have been awarded to her customers.
Leos, according to the police report, was caught by surveillance camera and computer systems that identified a problem — flagging transactions that seemed fraudulent. Management reviewed the transactions and eventually looped in police who arrested Leos on Thursday.
The official charges: “Larceny, Grand Theft (more than) $5,000 less than $10,000 dollars,” and “Fraud/Swindle — Obtain Property under $20,000.”
Bond was set at $2,000. Leos was released from jail early Friday morning. The complete arrest report is below.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY RATE JUMPS, HOSPITALIZATIONS SURGE
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Has Never Been So Dangerous For COVID-19
- Teachers: No Organized Walkout Planned Over Masking Battle
- FLORIDA SETS RECORD: 21,683 COVID CASES RECORDED ON FRIDAY
- Delray Beach Man Allegedly Held Knife To Wife, False Imprisonment Charge
- Heading To Airport? Yet Again, Fort Lauderdale Parking Is Packed
- EXCEPTIONALLY BAD: Florida Department Health COVID Report Is Dire
- Publix Mask Mandate Returns, Associates For Now, Customer Decision Pending
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT