JOHNS HOPKINS REPORTS FLORIDA POSITIVITY RATE NEARLY 10-POINTS HIGHER THAN DEPT. OF HEALTH REPORT
Florida Logged 96,000 Tests Friday, Just 58,000 Saturday.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — If you want infection numbers to go down, just test less. That seems to be the theme in Florida where nearly 40,000 fewer tests were logged on Saturday than on Friday, leading to a decrease in reported infections.
Sunday’s report from the Florida Department of Health adds 107 deaths to the State’s COVID-19 death count in addition to 3,899 new infections. The positivity rate rose to 7.8-percent. But Johns Hopkins, in its daily update, reports Florida’s positivity rate is really 17.1-percent — a nearly 10 point difference from the “official” report. for Florida’s government.
Florida’s official death count is now 9,452 with 573,416 infections.
The Saturday testing drop was notable. Florida reports 96,168 tests were logged on Friday, August 14th, but just 58,229 tests on Saturday, August 15th.
In Palm Beach County, three deaths were added to the books through 11:59 p.m. Saturday with 231 new COVID-19 infections. The total death count in Palm Beach County is approaching 1000 — it’s 992. The total infection count is 39,129. The positivity rate in Palm Beach County — again, according to the Florida Dept. of Health — is 6.7-percent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Driving During Zoom Court Hearing
- Florida’s Turnpike Remains Closed, Tractor Trailer Into Canal In Boynton Beach