Governor Tweets Misleading Report, Fails To Mention Massive Testing Cutback
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Governor Ron DeSantis took to Twitter Monday to promote a dramatic drop in positive COVID-19 test results in Florida. He failed to mention that testing was scaled back dramatically as well.
By the numbers: Florida reported 2,760 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 through 11:59 p.m. Sunday. There were 39,158 tests logged. On Saturday, 58,225 tests were logged with 3,882 positive results. On Friday, 96,165 tests were logged with 6,356 confirmed positives. When you cut testing, you have fewer positive results.
Ironically, despite the Governor proclaiming that all looks good, the positivity rate spiked based on Sunday’s tests. It’s now 8.25 percent. Florida reported 87 deaths on Sunday through 11:59 p.m.
Johns Hopkins University reports Florida’s 7-day rolling positivity average as 16.4 percent.
In Palm Beach County, 0 new deaths were reported on Sunday through 11:59 p.m. with 150 new confirmed cases of COVID-19. Again, the number of tests conducted dropped dramatically — just 2000 tests were logged. The day before, 3200 tests were logged. Two days ago 3400 tests were logged. Three days ago, nearly 5000 tests were logged. The positivity rate in Palm Beach County is now 7.2 percent. The number has risen every day for three days.
In total, there are now 39,274 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Palm Beach County with 992 deaths. Statewide, at least 576,094 people have tested positive. The death count is 9,539 deaths.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- WATCH Former Trump Campaign Official Get Tackled By Fort Lauderdale Police
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain
- WEATHER: Palm Beach County May Feel Lows Around 70
- West Boca Raton High School Student Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections