BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: PBSO Media Advisory Verbatim) — Deputies and Palm Beach Fire Rescue responded to the 8300 Block of Yamato Road in unincorporated Boca Raton to an unresponsive adult male inside of a vehicle.
Upon arrival an elderly male was pronounced dead from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot while seated in the driver’s seat. Investigation discovered that a citizen saw the vehicle travelling in reverse across several lanes of traffic. The citizen broke the driver’s window to render aid to the driver who appeared to be passed out.
The vehicle finally came to a rest in the shoulder of the road and the citizen was able to turn the vehicle off. Several eyewitnesses confirmed this. No evidence suggests that the decedent’s death was anything other than a suicide.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- WEATHER SERVICE: Nor’easter To Pound North East, Rain To Dampen South Florida
- Boca Raton’s Robert Hevert Jailed On Felony Charge
- Here’s What It’s Like To Travel To Hawaii, And Why It Makes Florida Look So Bad
- Palm Beach County School Bus Drivers Infected With COVID As Numbers Climb District Wide
- Florida Adds 58,865 COVID-19 Cases In Just One Week
- Boca Raton Woman Pepper Sprays Husband As He Disciplines Daughter
- Mizner Park Tenants Sued For Unpaid Rent, Now Planet Blue Faces Eviction
- Police Seek Deerfield Beach Man Wanted For Manslaughter
- Delray Beach Woman Flees Police After Crash, Then Crashes Into Dumpster and Fire Hydrant