Palm Beach County Passes 1000 COVID-19 Deaths
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The latest upward trend continues in Florida statewide as well as Palm Beach County. The one day decline on Monday — touted nationally by Florida Governor Ron DeSantis — continues to be just a one day decline.
Statewide, the Florida Department of Health reports 174 confirmed COVID-19 deaths logged on Tuesday through 11:59 p.m. with 4,201 new infections. The positivity rate — according to the Florida Dept. of Health — is 7.1-percent. However, Johns Hopkins reports the positivity rate is really 16.2-percent.
There are now at least 584,047 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida with 9,932 deaths.
In Palm Beach County, 16 COVID-19 deaths were logged on Tuesday through 11:59 p.m. with 206 new infections. That’s a three day high. The positivity rate, based on the Florida Department of Health’s reporting, is 5.8-percent. There are now at least 39,662 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Palm Beach County with 1,022 deaths.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender