Brianna Harnsberger Arrested Following Multi-Month Investigation. Included Police, Postal Inspector, FBI
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Brianna Harnsberger is facing serious felony charges after a multi-month investigation led police to allege that she is behind fake identification distribution on the FAU campus. She allegedly distributed fake drivers licenses from South Carolina, New Jersey and Delaware.
Police were tipped to the alleged scheme after a mail services clerk at Florida Atlantic University said that a package accidentally ripped open in a residence hall mail room and revealed drivers licenses. The package had a post mark from China but a return address of a computer services company in the United States.
The apparent scheme was originally discovered just as FAU was shutting down for the COVID-19 pandemic in the Spring. The investigation spanned several months and several states. Harnsberger was arrested early Tuesday. morning.
We encourage you to read every word of the affidavit of probable cause which we are publishing in its entirety, below. BocaNewsNow.com has redacted telephone numbers.
Note that Harnsberger is officially charged with two counts of fraud — “Possess similitude of driver license” and “possess similitude ID card.” She was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail early Tuesday morning and later released on $2,000 bond. The arrest report, however, lists several allegedly fake drivers licenses that police say she is responsible for distributing.FAU-Arrest-Report
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TURNPIKE CRASH UPDATE: Victim Of Fender Bender Killed When Hit Near Glades Road
- Generator Company Reviews: Tell Us About Your Experience In Palm Beach County
- United Way Of Palm Beach County Raises $433K For Non-Profit Workers
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED: Critical Crash Northbound Near Glades Road
- HURRICANE CENTER: Keep An Eye On The Wave, Development Possible
- Homeowner Sues Valencia Reserve, Critically Injured
- DONNA KLEIN JEWISH ACADEMY SUED: STUDENT BULLIED, INJURED
- POLICE: Bulldog Named Morty Attacks Golden Retriever In Seven Bridges, Punctures Ear
- HURRICANE CENTER: There’s Another Wave To Watch