Brianna Harnsberger Arrested Following Multi-Month Investigation. Included Police, Postal Inspector, FBI
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Brianna Harnsberger is facing serious felony charges after a multi-month investigation led police to allege that she is behind fake identification distribution on the FAU campus. She allegedly distributed fake drivers licenses from South Carolina, New Jersey and Delaware.
Police were tipped to the alleged scheme after a mail services clerk at Florida Atlantic University said that a package accidentally ripped open in a residence hall mail room and revealed drivers licenses. The package had a post mark from China but a return address of a computer services company in the United States.
The apparent scheme was originally discovered just as FAU was shutting down for the COVID-19 pandemic in the Spring. The investigation spanned several months and several states. Harnsberger was arrested early Tuesday. morning.
We encourage you to read every word of the affidavit of probable cause which we are publishing in its entirety, below. BocaNewsNow.com has redacted telephone numbers.
Note that Harnsberger is officially charged with two counts of fraud — “Possess similitude of driver license” and “possess similitude ID card.” She was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail early Tuesday morning and later released on $2,000 bond. The arrest report, however, lists several allegedly fake drivers licenses that police say she is responsible for distributing.FAU-Arrest-Report
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Federal Trial Set For March In Seven Bridges Delray Discrimination Case
- FREE MONEY! Palm Beach County Tax Collector Releases Latest Unclaimed Funds Report
- Connecticut Man Claiming He Was Coming From Mar-A-Lago Arrested In Boca Raton
- Missing Child Found In Broward County, Reunited With Family
- RODENT DROPPINGS AT ANTHONY’S COAL FIRED PIZZA LEADS TO FORCED CLOSURE
- REMINDER: School Boundary Meeting Tonight, Middle, High School Students May Be Moving
- Noah Galle, Parents, Sued Again After Crash Leaves Six Dead in Delray Beach
- City Of Boca Raton Street Parade Tonight, Roads Will Close
- Prosecutors Drop Case Against Boca Raton’s Michael Civitella