Brianna Harnsberger Arrested Following Multi-Month Investigation. Included Police, Postal Inspector, FBI
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Brianna Harnsberger is facing serious felony charges after a multi-month investigation led police to allege that she is behind fake identification distribution on the FAU campus. She allegedly distributed fake drivers licenses from South Carolina, New Jersey and Delaware.
Police were tipped to the alleged scheme after a mail services clerk at Florida Atlantic University said that a package accidentally ripped open in a residence hall mail room and revealed drivers licenses. The package had a post mark from China but a return address of a computer services company in the United States.
The apparent scheme was originally discovered just as FAU was shutting down for the COVID-19 pandemic in the Spring. The investigation spanned several months and several states. Harnsberger was arrested early Tuesday. morning.
We encourage you to read every word of the affidavit of probable cause which we are publishing in its entirety, below. BocaNewsNow.com has redacted telephone numbers.
Note that Harnsberger is officially charged with two counts of fraud — “Possess similitude of driver license” and “possess similitude ID card.” She was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail early Tuesday morning and later released on $2,000 bond. The arrest report, however, lists several allegedly fake drivers licenses that police say she is responsible for distributing.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SELLER’S MARKET! Palm Beach County House Sales Soar, Inventory Drops
- BOCA: Man Attempts To Carjack Rolls Royce, And Take Owner’s Girlfriend
- Boca Raton Police Jail Man For Carjacking, Kidnapping
- It’s HOA Budget Time, Let Us Know If Anything Is Questionable, Illegal, Scandalous
- DRAMA: iPIC Boca Raton Sued For Astronomical Unpaid Rent Bill
- HOSPITAL FEARS: Now 292 Hospitalized In Palm Beach County For COVID, Florida Availability Drops
- FLORIDA OFFICIALLY LOGS ONE MILLION COVID CASES AS GOVERNOR SAYS MASKS DON’T WORK
- Gang Members Arrested, Firearms And Heroin Seized In Joint Broward, Boca Raton, Federal Operation
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: CARES Act Application Deadline Extended