Unlike Florida Which Never Enforced Quarantine, NY Is Serious
SYRACUSE, NY (BocaNewsNow.com) — It’s not just hype. Travelers entering New York through any of the state’s airports can expect to be met by badged compliance officers. The officers are confirming that travelers inbound from any of the roughly 30 states on New York’s quarantine list have filed the multi-question health compliance form online. If a traveler doesn’t have proof — which comes by way of a tracking control number emailed to you by the New York Department of Health — they are directed to a table where a multi-page form must be completed.
The information required includes where a traveler is going, why they are in New York, what seat they were using on the airplane, and contact information for health officials. Hotel names and addresses are also required. You must agree to be contacted by the New York Health Department.
The compliance officers, by using the form, also determine whether a traveler is subject to New York’s mandatory 14-day quarantine. The online version makes that determination instantly.
While announcing a mandatory quarantine early in the pandemic, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis never assigned officers to enforce the rule. Johns Hopkins says Florida’s positivity rate is currently 16-percent. In New York, which is enforcing the quarantine rule, Johns Hopkins reported a positivity rate at roughly 1 percent.
If you are traveling to New York, use this link to pre-fill your form.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates