Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Wants Palm Beach County To Phase 2
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — As Florida Governor Ron DeSantis signals he’s open to Palm Beach County moving to “phase 2” of the state’s reopening plan, COVID-19 infections and deaths continue a four day upward climb. The timing is notable. The Palm Beach County School Board says “in-person” learning will start a week after phase 2 is initiated — distance learning is set to start in a week and a half.
The Florida Dept. of Health reports 117 new COVID-19 deaths logged on Wednesday through 11:59 p.m. with 4,605 new COVID-19 infections.
In Palm Beach County, 17 COVID-19 deaths were logged on Wednesday through 11:59 p.m. with 225 new COVID-19 infections. The Palm Beach County total is now 39,886 COVID-19 infections with 1,039 deaths. Statewide, Florida has logged 588,602 COVID-19 infections with 10,049 deaths.
Florida’s Dept. of Health says the Palm Beach County positivity rate is 5.23-percent with the statewide rate posting at 6.78-percent. Johns Hopkins says the rate is really 15.2 percent.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender
- NUMBER GAMES? COVID-19 Deaths High In Florida As DOH Says Positivity Low
- COVID-19 INFECTION: Boynton Elementary Student First In School District To Test Positive