Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Wants Palm Beach County To Phase 2
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — As Florida Governor Ron DeSantis signals he’s open to Palm Beach County moving to “phase 2” of the state’s reopening plan, COVID-19 infections and deaths continue a four day upward climb. The timing is notable. The Palm Beach County School Board says “in-person” learning will start a week after phase 2 is initiated — distance learning is set to start in a week and a half.
The Florida Dept. of Health reports 117 new COVID-19 deaths logged on Wednesday through 11:59 p.m. with 4,605 new COVID-19 infections.
In Palm Beach County, 17 COVID-19 deaths were logged on Wednesday through 11:59 p.m. with 225 new COVID-19 infections. The Palm Beach County total is now 39,886 COVID-19 infections with 1,039 deaths. Statewide, Florida has logged 588,602 COVID-19 infections with 10,049 deaths.
Florida’s Dept. of Health says the Palm Beach County positivity rate is 5.23-percent with the statewide rate posting at 6.78-percent. Johns Hopkins says the rate is really 15.2 percent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HORRIBLE: FLORIDA PASSES 25,000 DEATHS AS DESANTIS PROMOTES EMPLOYMENT
- Mizner Country Club GM Says Club Not Involved In Drug Sales
- Two In West Boca Home Jailed On Drug Charges
- POLICE: No, This Cat Wasn’t Shot In The Face And Dumped In Boca Raton
- GETTING WORSE: South Palm Beach County ICUs Full, COVID Count Up
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine Appointment Site Open Again
- Palm Beach County Offering Summer Camp Scholarships
- Delray’s Georgios Pappas Charged With DUI
- Trump’s Palm Beach County Passes 100,000 COVID-19 Cases