Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Wants Palm Beach County To Phase 2
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — As Florida Governor Ron DeSantis signals he’s open to Palm Beach County moving to “phase 2” of the state’s reopening plan, COVID-19 infections and deaths continue a four day upward climb. The timing is notable. The Palm Beach County School Board says “in-person” learning will start a week after phase 2 is initiated — distance learning is set to start in a week and a half.
The Florida Dept. of Health reports 117 new COVID-19 deaths logged on Wednesday through 11:59 p.m. with 4,605 new COVID-19 infections.
In Palm Beach County, 17 COVID-19 deaths were logged on Wednesday through 11:59 p.m. with 225 new COVID-19 infections. The Palm Beach County total is now 39,886 COVID-19 infections with 1,039 deaths. Statewide, Florida has logged 588,602 COVID-19 infections with 10,049 deaths.
Florida’s Dept. of Health says the Palm Beach County positivity rate is 5.23-percent with the statewide rate posting at 6.78-percent. Johns Hopkins says the rate is really 15.2 percent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge
- GETTING WORSE: Florida COVID Positivity Rate Highest In A Month
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL COUNT JUMPS: More Than 3000 Hospitalized For COVID
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?
- Crowds, Chaos At Fort Lauderdale Airport Monday Morning
- Golf Instructor Drake Kelso Jailed On DUI Charge, Said Gun Was In Car