Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Wants Palm Beach County To Phase 2
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — As Florida Governor Ron DeSantis signals he’s open to Palm Beach County moving to “phase 2” of the state’s reopening plan, COVID-19 infections and deaths continue a four day upward climb. The timing is notable. The Palm Beach County School Board says “in-person” learning will start a week after phase 2 is initiated — distance learning is set to start in a week and a half.
The Florida Dept. of Health reports 117 new COVID-19 deaths logged on Wednesday through 11:59 p.m. with 4,605 new COVID-19 infections.
In Palm Beach County, 17 COVID-19 deaths were logged on Wednesday through 11:59 p.m. with 225 new COVID-19 infections. The Palm Beach County total is now 39,886 COVID-19 infections with 1,039 deaths. Statewide, Florida has logged 588,602 COVID-19 infections with 10,049 deaths.
Florida’s Dept. of Health says the Palm Beach County positivity rate is 5.23-percent with the statewide rate posting at 6.78-percent. Johns Hopkins says the rate is really 15.2 percent.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- AARON SINGERMAN TO SPEND 54 MONTHS IN PRISON
- St. Andrews County Club Sues Dead Homeowner For Not Paying Membership Dues
- RECORD SETTING COLD COMING: National Weather Service Issues Advisory…
- Deerfield Beach Woman Struck By Car, Killed
- Aaron Singerman Sentencing Delayed, Remains In Custody
- B’NAI TORAH BOCA: Parents Livid Over New COVID-19 Policies
- I-95 To Close In Boca Raton, Expect Traffic Problems
- AARON SINGERMAN: Government Seeks 78-97 Months In Prison, Sentencing Thursday
- New York Man Killed In Delray Beach Crash, Drove Under Semi