Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Wants Palm Beach County To Phase 2
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — As Florida Governor Ron DeSantis signals he’s open to Palm Beach County moving to “phase 2” of the state’s reopening plan, COVID-19 infections and deaths continue a four day upward climb. The timing is notable. The Palm Beach County School Board says “in-person” learning will start a week after phase 2 is initiated — distance learning is set to start in a week and a half.
The Florida Dept. of Health reports 117 new COVID-19 deaths logged on Wednesday through 11:59 p.m. with 4,605 new COVID-19 infections.
In Palm Beach County, 17 COVID-19 deaths were logged on Wednesday through 11:59 p.m. with 225 new COVID-19 infections. The Palm Beach County total is now 39,886 COVID-19 infections with 1,039 deaths. Statewide, Florida has logged 588,602 COVID-19 infections with 10,049 deaths.
Florida’s Dept. of Health says the Palm Beach County positivity rate is 5.23-percent with the statewide rate posting at 6.78-percent. Johns Hopkins says the rate is really 15.2 percent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens