FIVE DAYS OF INFECTION INCREASES AFTER STATE PROMOTES DROP
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The COVID-19 numbers continue to rise in Florida and Palm Beach County.
The Florida Department of Health reports 4,730 new COVID-19 infections with 119 new COVID-19 deaths — all logged Thursday through 11:59 p.m. The infection count is the highest in the past five days, and continues and five day upward climb. There are now at least 10,168 confirmed COVID-19 deaths in Florida, with 593,286 COVID-19 infections.
In Palm Beach County, 261 new infections were added on Thursday through 11:59 p.m. with 9 new COVID-19 deaths. The death count in Palm Beach County is now 1,048 with 40,157 confirmed COVID-19 infections. At least 3,096 people have been hospitalized in Palm Beach County with COVID-19 as the primary diagnosis. The positivity rate — according to the Florida Department of Health — is 5.18 percent in Palm Beach County.
The Florida statewide positivity rate is 6.83 percent according to the Dept. of Health. Johns Hopkins, however, reports Florida’s positivity rate as 14.7-percent.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Realtor Sues Boca Raton Woman Who Refuses To Sell Her Home
- Palm Beach County Resident Guilty Of Fentanyl Distribution, Federal Prison
- Delray Beach Woman, 80, Slams Into Cars, Building, Son Says She Drank
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Expected To Form East Of Florida, Bad Weather Weekend
- Multi-Vehicle Crash At Yamato and Lyons In Boca Raton, Overturned Car
- Boca Raton Trainer Arrested, Charged With DUI After Crash
- Did Boca Raton Woman Really Double Park So She Could Run Into CycleBar?
- HURRICANE CENTER: Watching Developing System East Of Florida, It’s Growing
- Delray Beach Optometrist, Allegedly Driving On BMW Rim, Charged With DUI