FIVE DAYS OF INFECTION INCREASES AFTER STATE PROMOTES DROP
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The COVID-19 numbers continue to rise in Florida and Palm Beach County.
The Florida Department of Health reports 4,730 new COVID-19 infections with 119 new COVID-19 deaths — all logged Thursday through 11:59 p.m. The infection count is the highest in the past five days, and continues and five day upward climb. There are now at least 10,168 confirmed COVID-19 deaths in Florida, with 593,286 COVID-19 infections.
In Palm Beach County, 261 new infections were added on Thursday through 11:59 p.m. with 9 new COVID-19 deaths. The death count in Palm Beach County is now 1,048 with 40,157 confirmed COVID-19 infections. At least 3,096 people have been hospitalized in Palm Beach County with COVID-19 as the primary diagnosis. The positivity rate — according to the Florida Department of Health — is 5.18 percent in Palm Beach County.
The Florida statewide positivity rate is 6.83 percent according to the Dept. of Health. Johns Hopkins, however, reports Florida’s positivity rate as 14.7-percent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Cops Seek Thieves Who Hit West Boynton Target
- Broward Pediatrician Michael Mizrachy Ordered Away From Children
- Big COVID Spike In Palm Beach County Schools
- Following Record Death Day, 418 Now Hospitalized With COVID In Palm Beach Co.
- DEADLY DAY: Florida Records Record 217 COVID Deaths
- Broward County Announces COVID-19 Vaccine Site
- BREAKING: Boca Fire To Offer COVID Shots, Just 200 Available
- Cool, Wet Weather For South Florida
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Inhaling Dangerous Chemicals