FLORIDA INFECTIONS TOP 600,000
WILL PERCENT POSITIVE REPORTING DIFFERENCES LEAD TO DEATHS?
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida Department of Health continues to release “positivity rate” data that is significantly different than what experts at Johns Hopkins University are calculating. For Saturday though 11:59 p.m., the Florida Department of Health reports a positivity rate in Florida as 5.52-percent. But Johns Hopkins says Florida’s rolling 7 day positivity rate is really 13.58-percent. It’s a huge difference from a public health perspective.
For Saturday though 11:59 p.m., the Florida Department of Health reports a positivity rate in Florida as 5.52-percent. But Johns Hopkins says Florida’s rolling 7 day positivity rate is really 13.58-percent. It’s a huge difference from a public health perspective.
The DOH reported decline comes in the days before schools in Palm Beach County, Broward and Miami-Dade are preparing for distance-learning only. But in Palm Beach County, where the DOH reports a positivity rate of 3.54 percent, the school board has declared it will open schools for “brick and mortar” learning just a week after Palm Beach County moves to Phase 2. The lower the positivity rate, the more likely a move to phase 2 happens within days.
If the official Florida numbers are a lie — as many perceive them to be — the result will be dramatic increases in hospitalizations and deaths within a month of the Phase 2 initiation and schools opening for in-person education.
By the numbers, Palm Beach County logged no COVID-19 related deaths on Saturday through 11:59 p.m. with 187 new COVID-19 cases. Palm Beach County overall has logged 1,059 deaths with 40,570 infections.
Statewide, Florida reported 51 new COVID-19 deaths with 2,957 new COVID-19 infections. Florida’s total is now 10,325 deaths with 600,571 COVID-19 infections.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates
- Seven Bridges Homeowner Sentenced To Six Years In Federal Prison
- CDC Says All School Students Should Wear Masks Indoors, School District Ignores
- CDC Expected To Tell Floridians To Mask Up, Even If Vaccinated
- Four “High Priority” Violations For Ben’s Kosher Deli In West Boca Raton
- Man Who Claims To Be Worth $27M Again Refuses To Pay Dinner Check
- Lyndsey Kennedy, Found In Delray Drain In March, Now Jailed
- SEVEN BRIDGES: Swingers, Seniors Fight Stability For Soul Of Community