DEPT. OF HEALTH: Palm Beach Pediatric Positivity Now Back To 14.4 Percent
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The pediatric positivity rate in Palm Beach County just jumped three points — returning to 14.4-percent after nearly a week in the 11’s. The pediatric positivity rate — which is a Florida Dept. of Health report that solely looks at COVID-19 positive children in Florida under age 18 — comes as other numbers suggest an overall reduction in cases in Florida and PBC.
The pediatric positivity rise comes just a week before Palm Beach County starts school with distance learning — although an optional return to “brick and mortar” is widely believed to be imminent.
According to the Florida Department of Health, 162 new COVID-19 infections were added in Palm Beach County with 2 new COVID-19 deaths. The positivity rate in Palm Beach County rose from a statistically questionable 3.61 percent reported on Sunday to 5.34 percent. There are now at least 40,746 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Palm Beach County with 1,061 deaths.
Statewide, Florida added 2,086 confirmed COVID-19 cases on Sunday through 11:59 p.m. with 72 new COVID-19 deaths. The total in Florida is now 602,829 COVID-19 infections with 10,397 deaths. The positivity rate statewide — according to the Florida Dept. of Health — is 5.20 percent. Johns Hopkins, however, reports Florida’s seven-day rolling positivity rate as 13.9-percent.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TURNPIKE CLOSED: Gas Pipeline Erupts, Detours Near Lake Worth
- NUMBER GAMES? COVID-19 Deaths High In Florida As DOH Says Positivity Low
- COVID-19 INFECTION: Boynton Elementary Student First In School District To Test Positive
- URGENT: Delray Beach Police Seeking Missing Woman
- COVID DEATHS SOAR: Florida Logs 223 Deaths On Tuesday
- Palm Beach County School District COVID Dashboard Already Questioned, Numbers Dropped
- TRAFFIC HAVOC: Palmetto Park Road To Close
- Guilty Plea From Delray Chiropractor Richard Davidson Came Just Months After Feds Moved In
- BOXED: Some Children Boxed In Boca Schools, Others Roam Freely During COVID