DEPT. OF HEALTH: Palm Beach Pediatric Positivity Now Back To 14.4 Percent
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The pediatric positivity rate in Palm Beach County just jumped three points — returning to 14.4-percent after nearly a week in the 11’s. The pediatric positivity rate — which is a Florida Dept. of Health report that solely looks at COVID-19 positive children in Florida under age 18 — comes as other numbers suggest an overall reduction in cases in Florida and PBC.
The pediatric positivity rise comes just a week before Palm Beach County starts school with distance learning — although an optional return to “brick and mortar” is widely believed to be imminent.
According to the Florida Department of Health, 162 new COVID-19 infections were added in Palm Beach County with 2 new COVID-19 deaths. The positivity rate in Palm Beach County rose from a statistically questionable 3.61 percent reported on Sunday to 5.34 percent. There are now at least 40,746 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Palm Beach County with 1,061 deaths.
Statewide, Florida added 2,086 confirmed COVID-19 cases on Sunday through 11:59 p.m. with 72 new COVID-19 deaths. The total in Florida is now 602,829 COVID-19 infections with 10,397 deaths. The positivity rate statewide — according to the Florida Dept. of Health — is 5.20 percent. Johns Hopkins, however, reports Florida’s seven-day rolling positivity rate as 13.9-percent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Publix Ignores Maskless Woman As Stunned Shoppers Ask Her To Cover Mouth, Nose
- CLAIM: Inmate Stabbed In Cell, Boca Raton’s GEO Group Liable
- Mask Mandate Alive In Palm Beach County, Officials Say Cops May Enforce
- Tweets By Boca Raton Teacher About Guns, Masks, The Lord Under Scrutiny
- Firehouse Subs Boca Raton Cited By Health Inspector
- DRIVE-BY SHOOTING BOCA RATON: One Shot On I-95 At Yamato
- Palm Beach County To DeSantis: We Make The Rules, Not You
- PUSH BACK: Florida Airports Remind Masks Still Mandatory, DeSantis Has No Authority
- UPDATE: Palm Beach School District Says Wear Masks Or Stay Home