Palm Beach County Reports Slight Positivity Rate Decline, But Deaths Continue
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida COVID-19 death count rose by 183 on Monday through 11:59 p.m., as 2,770 new positive COVID-19 infections were added to the books as well. The positivity rate — which was 5.18-percent on Sunday, jumped to 7.49-percent on Monday. The positivity rate is the highest in more than a week, according to the Florida Department of Health.
In Palm Beach County, 5 COVID-19 deaths were recorded on Monday through 11:59 p.m. with 142 new infections. The positivity rate in Palm Beach County dropped a tad to 4.89-percent. It was 5.41-percent on Sunday. Again, these numbers are reported by the Florida Department of Health. Johns Hopkins reports Florida’s positivity rate as 13.8-percent over a 7-day rolling average.
There are now 605,502 confirmed COVID-19 infections in Florida with 10,580 deaths.
In Palm Beach County, the total case count is 40,853 with 1,066 deaths.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- MASK MANDATE: Local Airports Remind Florida Travelers They Must Wear Masks
- STUDENT ASSAULTED AT OMNI MIDDLE SCHOOL, SCHOOL BOARD SUED
- SIRENS: Dead At Boca Woods, Fainting At PBI, Bleeding At Canyons Middle School
- Several Boca Raton Elementary Schools Face Boundary Changes For Next School Year
- UPDATE: Turo Claims It Paid For Damage To Boca Man’s Car After Drug Addict’s Crash, But…
- PBSO Takes Over Deadly I-95 Shooting Investigation
- ARREST: Boca Man, Accused Of Cheating With Woman Overseas, Charged With Felony
- SIRENS: Traumatic Injury At West Boca High, Dead In Valencia, Overheating At Delray Tennis Center
- Delray Beach Woman Allegedly Attacks Mother, Wrongly Claims She Won’t Be Arrested