School Board Members Debate Mandate As A Preventative Measure To Prevent COVID-Flu Crisis
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County School Board during its Wednesday meeting debated the appropriate position to take on flu shots for students and staffers during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The final decision: no decision for now, but an understanding that flu shots may be a vital to preventing a “twindemic” in the fall and winter months of students sick with COVID, the flu, or both.
The Palm Beach County School District does require vaccines to attend a school. Officials have been reminding families to remember this as the school year starts. Updated medical forms are required for all students. They are a vital element in permitting students to re-start “in person” education, whenever that occurs.
As for flu shots, the school board expressed a sense that “strongly encouraging” parents to gets shots for the kids — instead of “mandating” flu shots — may be the appropriate course of action.
The School Board is set to revisit the issue in its next scheduled meeting which is in two week.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Several Boca Raton Elementary Schools Face Boundary Changes For Next School Year
- UPDATE: Turo Claims It Paid For Damage To Boca Man’s Car After Drug Addict’s Crash, But…
- PBSO Takes Over Deadly I-95 Shooting Investigation
- ARREST: Boca Man, Accused Of Cheating With Woman Overseas, Charged With Felony
- SIRENS: Traumatic Injury At West Boca High, Dead In Valencia, Overheating At Delray Tennis Center
- Delray Beach Woman Allegedly Attacks Mother, Wrongly Claims She Won’t Be Arrested
- UPDATE: Palm Beach School Threat Ongoing, Yet Nothing, All At The Same Time
- LAWSUIT: Paver Company Steamrolled Local Homeowner During Pool Renovation
- SIRENS: Choking In Boca, Suicide Attempt At Target, Trauma At A Country Club