School Board Members Debate Mandate As A Preventative Measure To Prevent COVID-Flu Crisis
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County School Board during its Wednesday meeting debated the appropriate position to take on flu shots for students and staffers during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The final decision: no decision for now, but an understanding that flu shots may be a vital to preventing a “twindemic” in the fall and winter months of students sick with COVID, the flu, or both.
The Palm Beach County School District does require vaccines to attend a school. Officials have been reminding families to remember this as the school year starts. Updated medical forms are required for all students. They are a vital element in permitting students to re-start “in person” education, whenever that occurs.
As for flu shots, the school board expressed a sense that “strongly encouraging” parents to gets shots for the kids — instead of “mandating” flu shots — may be the appropriate course of action.
The School Board is set to revisit the issue in its next scheduled meeting which is in two week.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- ANOTHER ONE?! TROPICAL WAVE GROWING EAST OF FLORIDA
- Loggers’ Run HOA Forecloses On Another Home Over $700
- BEWARE: COYOTES RUNNING FREE IN EAST BOCA RATON
- DUCKLING RESCUE! Palm Beach County Fire Rescue Saves Ducklings In Boca Raton
- Kings Point Resident Violence Leads To Arrest
- REMINDER: SKIP “GO FUND ME,” FOR IAN DONATIONS, STICK TO LEGIT CHARITIES
- Two South Palm Beach County Parks To Remain Closed Until Saturday
- Crash Leaves Pedestrian Dead In North Broward County
- All Palm Beach County Operations Return To Normal On Friday