Palm Beach County Records 16 COVID-19 Deaths In One Day
Palm Beach County Pediatric Positivity Rate Holding At 14.4-percent
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The COVID-19 numbers in Florida and in Palm Beach County are still unstable.
Florida logged 135 new COVID-19 deaths on Wednesday through 11:59 p.m., with 3,300 new COVID-19 infections. The positivity rate jumped from 5.71-percent to 6.36-percent, according to the Florida Department of Health. Johns Hopkins, however, reports that Florida’s seven day rolling positivity rate is really 13.2-percent. There continues to be no explanation from the State of Florida as to why its “official” rate is lower than what the medical experts at Johns Hopkins continue to report.
In Palm Beach County, 16 new COVID-19 deaths were logged on Wednesday through 11:59 p.m. with 179 new infections. The positivity rate in Palm Beach County, while still on the lower side of things, has jumped more than a point to 5.22-percent. Overall there are now 41,195 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Palm Beach County with 10,868 deaths.
The “pediatric positivity” rate for Palm Beach County, according to Florida Department of Health, is holding at 14.4-percent. The Florida Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics says “in person” learning should not happen until that number stabilizes in the 3 to 5-percent range.
Statewide, Florida has logged 611,991 confirmed COVID-19 cases with 10,868 deaths.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEA AGENTS NAB ADAM RUNSDORF ON WOODFIELD COUNTRY CLUB GOLF COURSE
- AARON SINGERMAN ASKS FOR 20 MONTHS, BUT DID HIS ATTORNEYS MISLEAD?
- SIRENS: Delray Apartment Fire, Trauma At West Boca High, Unconscious At Home Depot Boca
- Mask Mandate Extended For Palm Beach County Schools
- FLORIDA: 57 Die From COVID Thursday, Two From The Flu
- JetBlue Flight Makes Emergency Return To Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- BOCA RUDETON: How Fake Is That ”Service” Dog In The Aisle?
- Boca Raton Teen Charged With Homicide, DUI, Hit And Run
- SIRENS: Car Fire On I-95, Chemical Hazard At Trump’s Mar-A-Lago, Fight In Canyon Isles