Palm Beach County Records 16 COVID-19 Deaths In One Day
Palm Beach County Pediatric Positivity Rate Holding At 14.4-percent
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The COVID-19 numbers in Florida and in Palm Beach County are still unstable.
Florida logged 135 new COVID-19 deaths on Wednesday through 11:59 p.m., with 3,300 new COVID-19 infections. The positivity rate jumped from 5.71-percent to 6.36-percent, according to the Florida Department of Health. Johns Hopkins, however, reports that Florida’s seven day rolling positivity rate is really 13.2-percent. There continues to be no explanation from the State of Florida as to why its “official” rate is lower than what the medical experts at Johns Hopkins continue to report.
In Palm Beach County, 16 new COVID-19 deaths were logged on Wednesday through 11:59 p.m. with 179 new infections. The positivity rate in Palm Beach County, while still on the lower side of things, has jumped more than a point to 5.22-percent. Overall there are now 41,195 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Palm Beach County with 10,868 deaths.
The “pediatric positivity” rate for Palm Beach County, according to Florida Department of Health, is holding at 14.4-percent. The Florida Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics says “in person” learning should not happen until that number stabilizes in the 3 to 5-percent range.
Statewide, Florida has logged 611,991 confirmed COVID-19 cases with 10,868 deaths.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- KINSA: Holiday Surge Just Starting, Palm Beach County Critical
- Two Theft Charges For Boca Raton Woman
- Boca Obesity Clinic Sued Over Unsolicited Text Messages
- DEAD RISING: Florida’s COVID Death Count Rises By 137 In One Day
- POLICE: Husband Assaults Pregnant Wife In Boca Raton Bar
- South Palm Beach County Hospitals Filling With COVID Patients
- COVID CRISIS: Aloha Food Shack Packed, Boca Officials Do Nothing
- Palm Beach Schools Closed Monday
- Palm Beach Post Editor Sends Expletive Filled Email To Our Newsroom