BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — When “in person” learning starts in the Palm Beach County School District, parents will not be welcome on campus. No classroom visits. No volunteer involvement. No mystery readers. No lunchroom duty. No walking students into “the office.” Kindergartners will not be eased into school by holding mom or dad’s hand as they enter the classroom for the first time.
No classroom visits. No volunteer involvement. No mystery readers. No lunchroom duty. No walking students into “the office.” Kindergartners will not be eased into school by holding mom or dad’s hand as they enter the classroom for the first time.
The Palm Beach County School Board approved sweeping changes to school district visitor policies due to COVID-19. Among the highlights, “Access to all District property will be limited to current students, current staff,pre-approved parents/guardians/guests, vendors and contractors, and invited guestswith principal or designee approval. Until further notice, no other visitors will be permitted on District premises.”
All visitors to schools will be required to have their temperature taken. Anyone with a temperature above 100.4 “will be asked to leave the District property.”There is, however, no policy or procedure in place for every student to have their temperature taken.
Visitors will be questioned behind a plexiglass shield by school personnel about the purpose of the visit. Anyone granted access must wear a facial covering at all times — anything other than a “mask” is not permitted.
Here is the governing document:
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: New Phase 3 Orders, Clarifications, Sheriff Ordered To Enforce
- Federal Judge Slaps Delray’s Seven Bridges, Litigants LaGrasso and Tannenholz
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Reckless Endangerment Charges For Non-Mask Wearers?
- South Florida Attorney Charged By Feds For Wire, Securities Fraud
- COVID SURGE FLORIDA: 3259 New Cases, 106 New Deaths, Positivity Heading Up
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High