BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — When “in person” learning starts in the Palm Beach County School District, parents will not be welcome on campus. No classroom visits. No volunteer involvement. No mystery readers. No lunchroom duty. No walking students into “the office.” Kindergartners will not be eased into school by holding mom or dad’s hand as they enter the classroom for the first time.
No classroom visits. No volunteer involvement. No mystery readers. No lunchroom duty. No walking students into “the office.” Kindergartners will not be eased into school by holding mom or dad’s hand as they enter the classroom for the first time.
The Palm Beach County School Board approved sweeping changes to school district visitor policies due to COVID-19. Among the highlights, “Access to all District property will be limited to current students, current staff,pre-approved parents/guardians/guests, vendors and contractors, and invited guestswith principal or designee approval. Until further notice, no other visitors will be permitted on District premises.”
All visitors to schools will be required to have their temperature taken. Anyone with a temperature above 100.4 “will be asked to leave the District property.”There is, however, no policy or procedure in place for every student to have their temperature taken.
Visitors will be questioned behind a plexiglass shield by school personnel about the purpose of the visit. Anyone granted access must wear a facial covering at all times — anything other than a “mask” is not permitted.
Here is the governing document:Policy-5.326-updated-1
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School
- Boca Raton Man Claims 800-Pack-Rat Sold His Stuff When Credit Card Expired
- Florida Teachers Slam DeSantis, Call On Him To Listen To Medical Professionals
- BREAKING: Palm Beach County Reinstates Mandatory Masking In Public Buildings
- SCARED SCHOOL BOARD: We Obtain Private Email From Member Fearing Gov. DeSantis
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent