Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Promotes Florida Tourism, Air Travel, Open Stadiums As COVID-19 Deaths Continue
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — As Florida Governor Ron DeSantis promotes opening Hard Rock Stadium for football fans and pronounces — without proof — that people don’t get sick on airplanes so tourists should make South Florida travel plans, Palm Beach County recorded 18 COVID-19 deaths on Friday. The Florida Dept. of Health says 148 COVID deaths were recorded statewide.
The health department reports continue to point to a lack of stability in deaths and infections.
Palm Beach County’s “pediatric positivity rate,” which focuses on children under age 18, remains at a substantial 14.4-percent. The Florida Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics says in-person school should not resume until that number is consistently in the 3 to 5-percent range.
On Friday through 11:59 p.m., Florida logged 3,307 new COVID-19 infections. Palm Beach County logged 205.
At least 619,003 people have tested positive for COVID-19 in Florida. At least 11,105 people have died. In Palm Beach County, at least 41,730 people have tested for COVID-19 with 1,117 deaths.
Palm Beach County’s Friday positivity rate is 4.45-percent, according to the Florida Dept. of Health. Florida’s statewide rate is 4.97. The Johns Hopkins report, however, says Florida’s positivity rate is actually 12.5-percent over a rolling seven days.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEA AGENTS NAB ADAM RUNSDORF ON WOODFIELD COUNTRY CLUB GOLF COURSE
- AARON SINGERMAN ASKS FOR 20 MONTHS, BUT DID HIS ATTORNEYS MISLEAD?
- SIRENS: Delray Apartment Fire, Trauma At West Boca High, Unconscious At Home Depot Boca
- Mask Mandate Extended For Palm Beach County Schools
- FLORIDA: 57 Die From COVID Thursday, Two From The Flu
- JetBlue Flight Makes Emergency Return To Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- BOCA RUDETON: How Fake Is That ”Service” Dog In The Aisle?
- Boca Raton Teen Charged With Homicide, DUI, Hit And Run
- SIRENS: Car Fire On I-95, Chemical Hazard At Trump’s Mar-A-Lago, Fight In Canyon Isles