Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Promotes Florida Tourism, Air Travel, Open Stadiums As COVID-19 Deaths Continue
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — As Florida Governor Ron DeSantis promotes opening Hard Rock Stadium for football fans and pronounces — without proof — that people don’t get sick on airplanes so tourists should make South Florida travel plans, Palm Beach County recorded 18 COVID-19 deaths on Friday. The Florida Dept. of Health says 148 COVID deaths were recorded statewide.
The health department reports continue to point to a lack of stability in deaths and infections.
Palm Beach County’s “pediatric positivity rate,” which focuses on children under age 18, remains at a substantial 14.4-percent. The Florida Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics says in-person school should not resume until that number is consistently in the 3 to 5-percent range.
On Friday through 11:59 p.m., Florida logged 3,307 new COVID-19 infections. Palm Beach County logged 205.
At least 619,003 people have tested positive for COVID-19 in Florida. At least 11,105 people have died. In Palm Beach County, at least 41,730 people have tested for COVID-19 with 1,117 deaths.
Palm Beach County’s Friday positivity rate is 4.45-percent, according to the Florida Dept. of Health. Florida’s statewide rate is 4.97. The Johns Hopkins report, however, says Florida’s positivity rate is actually 12.5-percent over a rolling seven days.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates
- Seven Bridges Homeowner Sentenced To Six Years In Federal Prison
- CDC Says All School Students Should Wear Masks Indoors, School District Ignores
- CDC Expected To Tell Floridians To Mask Up, Even If Vaccinated
- Four “High Priority” Violations For Ben’s Kosher Deli In West Boca Raton