COVID Relief Fund Offers $3.6M To Florida Residents
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Palm Beach County Government Advisory Verbatim) — The Palm Beach County Board of County Commissioners approved the Coronavirus Relief Fund (CRF) program on August 25 to establish the Emergency Repair Program to assist eligible homeowners whose households demonstrate a direct impact due to COVID-19.
On July 17, the Florida Housing Finance Corporation notified the county of the award of $3,685,932 to assist Floridians impacted by the COVID-19 crisis. The state’s deadline to expend the CRF funds is Dec. 30, 2020.
The Emergency Repair Program will be awarded as a grant and can only be used to address emergency conditions such as installation, replacement or repair of roofs, hurricane shutters and heating, ventilation and air conditioning.
All requests for assistance will be reviewed and underwritten based on approved criteria. Criteria include but is not limited to the following:
– income eligibility
– residence must be owner-occupied
– eligible repairs must be identified and not exceed the $50,000 maximum assistance limit
– the property must be located in Palm Beach County
To ensure the home can be assisted, the owner’s municipality must commit to providing expedited permitting.
All applications must be submitted online and will be processed on a first-come, first-eligible basis. The online application is expected to launch on Sunday, Sept. 6 at 8 a.m. and can be accessed at the Department of Housing and Economic Sustainability’s website, http://pbcgov.com/hes.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- As Trump Moves To Florida, COVID Infections, Deaths Rise
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine System Didn’t Crash, More Available Friday
- PUBLIX COVID VACCINE: Palm Beach County Seniors Call System “Disaster”
- Boca Raton Firefighters Battle Laundromat Blaze
- PUBLIX COVID SHOTS: Here’s What You Need To Know
- Palm Beach School District Nears 1800 COVID Cases
- ALOHA FOOD SHACK: Palm Beach County To Investigate COVID Violations
- DARWINISM: Motorcyclist Pops A Wheelie, Hits Boca Man, Dies
- BREAKING: Palm Beach County COVID Hospital Count Jumps