COVID Relief Fund Offers $3.6M To Florida Residents
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Palm Beach County Government Advisory Verbatim) — The Palm Beach County Board of County Commissioners approved the Coronavirus Relief Fund (CRF) program on August 25 to establish the Emergency Repair Program to assist eligible homeowners whose households demonstrate a direct impact due to COVID-19.
On July 17, the Florida Housing Finance Corporation notified the county of the award of $3,685,932 to assist Floridians impacted by the COVID-19 crisis. The state’s deadline to expend the CRF funds is Dec. 30, 2020.
The Emergency Repair Program will be awarded as a grant and can only be used to address emergency conditions such as installation, replacement or repair of roofs, hurricane shutters and heating, ventilation and air conditioning.
All requests for assistance will be reviewed and underwritten based on approved criteria. Criteria include but is not limited to the following:
– income eligibility
– residence must be owner-occupied
– eligible repairs must be identified and not exceed the $50,000 maximum assistance limit
– the property must be located in Palm Beach County
To ensure the home can be assisted, the owner’s municipality must commit to providing expedited permitting.
All applications must be submitted online and will be processed on a first-come, first-eligible basis. The online application is expected to launch on Sunday, Sept. 6 at 8 a.m. and can be accessed at the Department of Housing and Economic Sustainability’s website, http://pbcgov.com/hes.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain
- WEATHER: Palm Beach County May Feel Lows Around 70
- West Boca Raton High School Student Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”