BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — There is a slight but notable upward tick in the number of emergency department visits in Palm Beach County for “influenza like illness.” The report was just released by the Florida Department of Health. Whether the report has impact on Palm Beach County’s intention to move to “Phase 2” of Florida’s reopening plan over the next few weeks remains to be seen. County commissioners are expected to discuss the move this week.
The latest report from the DOH does suggest a downward trend with other metrics. Florida logged 68 COVID-19 deaths on Sunday through 11:59 p.m., with 1,916 new cases.
In Palm Beach County, 6 new COVID-19 deaths were logged on Sunday through 11:59 p.m. with 106 new COVID-19 cases. The positivity rate dropped to 3.49-percent, according to the Department of Health. The DOH also reports Florida’s positivity rate overall as 5.25-percent. Johns Hopkins, however, says the 7 day rolling positivity for Florida is actually 12.3-percent.
Statewide, 623,471 people have tested positive for COVID-19. 11,187 have been killed. In Palm Beach County, 41,965 people have tested positive for COVID-19. 1,119 have died.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Police Arrest Man For Federal Highway Fatal
- INCREDIBLE: Murder Arrest In Cold Case From 1985, Elderly Woman Killed
- West Boca Medical Center’s COVID Protocol Just Might Kill Someone
- Murder, Kidnap Charges For Jailed Boynton Beach Man
- In-Person Graduation Ceremonies For Palm Beach County School District
- POLICE: Woman Threatens To Run Over Dog Walker In Boca Raton
- Jimmy Buffett To Stage Open Air Concerts In Delray Beach
- Boca Raton’s Victoria Boettcher Jailed On DUI, “Almost Hit House”
- Boca Raton Marriott, In Prom Controversy, Was Subject Of COVID Complaint