Palm Beach County Elections Office Reports More “Others” Than Registered Republicans
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County is home to President Trump’s official home address of Mar-a-Lago, and it is also home to more registered Democrats and “others” than it is registered Republicans.
According to statistics accurate as of September 1st, 2020, there are 422,419 registered Democrats, 282,865 registered Republicans, 291,480 “others.” The total number of registered voters in Palm Beach County: 996,746.
With the new statistics comes an advisory for those who wish to vote by mail in the upcoming Presidential election: sign up now.
The deadline to register for the for the November 3rd election is October 5th, 2020. Vote-by-mail ballots must be requested by October 24th, 2020. They will be mailed starting September 24th. Request yours, here.
From the office of Elections Supervisor Wendy Sartory Link:
(Official Language): “The deadline to request that a Vote-by-Mail ballot be mailed to you for the November 3rd, 2020 General Election is no later than 5:00 p.m. on October 24, 2020 (§101.62, F.S.). If you miss the deadline, you can visit one of our offices and we will print a mail ballot for you. Or you can vote in person during Early Voting or on Election Day.
Vote-by-mail refers to voting a ballot received by mail or picked up by or for a voter instead of going to the polls to vote during early voting or election day. Any registered voter can vote by mail. You canrequest a vote-by-mail ballot for a specific election or for all elections through the next two general elections. After two general elections, you will need to make the request again.
A Vote-by-Mail ballot is not forwardable by the U.S. postal service and a ballot returned undeliverable cancels a request for future elections and must be renewed. Notify us immediately if your mailing address changes or if you plan to be out of town. We will send your ballot wherever you need to be. By law, special accommodations are available for military and overseas voters.”
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender
- NUMBER GAMES? COVID-19 Deaths High In Florida As DOH Says Positivity Low
- COVID-19 INFECTION: Boynton Elementary Student First In School District To Test Positive
- URGENT: Delray Beach Police Seeking Missing Woman
- COVID DEATHS SOAR: Florida Logs 223 Deaths On Tuesday