BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Quest Diagnostics is under fire from the Gov. DeSantis administration after the testing company allegedly dumped a significant amount of data that it’s been sitting on for months. At least that’s the official claim from the Florida Dept. of Health. Quest’s contract to administer and review tests in Florida is now terminated.
Here are the numbers for Tuesday, September 1st, which include all tests logged on Monday through 11:59 p.m. We will let our readers determine if the increase in deaths and positivities is data management gone wrong or if there is a larger issue at play.
Statewide, Florida is reporting 7,643 new COVID-19 positives with 187 deaths. In Palm Beach County, 443 new COVID-19 positives were added with 9 deaths.
The positivity rate in Palm Beach County — with the questionable results — is 4.26 percent. Statewide it’s 6.81-percent.
Our original Quest reporting is here.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- MASS SHOOTING: THREE SHOT ON I-95, ONE VICTIM FACING LIFE-THREATENING INJURY
- Many Flight Delays Logged Across South Florida Airports, JetBlue and Spirit Hit Hard
- Glades Road In Boca Raton To Close Monday, Tuesday
- Where Is Deborah Stewart? Last Seen In Boca Raton.
- REMINDER: School Resumes Across Palm Beach County On Monday
- FORT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT TROUBLE: COMPUTER PROBLEMS ON BUSY TRAVEL DAY
- POLICE: Boynton Woman “Emotionally Unstable” When Attacked Boyfriend
- ZINGER’S DELI BOCA RATON: 27 VIOLATIONS LOGGED BY STATE INSPECTOR
- REMINDER: Palm Beach County School Choice Deadline Approaching