BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Quest Diagnostics is under fire from the Gov. DeSantis administration after the testing company allegedly dumped a significant amount of data that it’s been sitting on for months. At least that’s the official claim from the Florida Dept. of Health. Quest’s contract to administer and review tests in Florida is now terminated.
Here are the numbers for Tuesday, September 1st, which include all tests logged on Monday through 11:59 p.m. We will let our readers determine if the increase in deaths and positivities is data management gone wrong or if there is a larger issue at play.
Statewide, Florida is reporting 7,643 new COVID-19 positives with 187 deaths. In Palm Beach County, 443 new COVID-19 positives were added with 9 deaths.
The positivity rate in Palm Beach County — with the questionable results — is 4.26 percent. Statewide it’s 6.81-percent.
Our original Quest reporting is here.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School
- Boca Raton Man Claims 800-Pack-Rat Sold His Stuff When Credit Card Expired
- Florida Teachers Slam DeSantis, Call On Him To Listen To Medical Professionals
- BREAKING: Palm Beach County Reinstates Mandatory Masking In Public Buildings
- SCARED SCHOOL BOARD: We Obtain Private Email From Member Fearing Gov. DeSantis
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent