BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Quest Diagnostics is under fire from the Gov. DeSantis administration after the testing company allegedly dumped a significant amount of data that it’s been sitting on for months. At least that’s the official claim from the Florida Dept. of Health. Quest’s contract to administer and review tests in Florida is now terminated.
Here are the numbers for Tuesday, September 1st, which include all tests logged on Monday through 11:59 p.m. We will let our readers determine if the increase in deaths and positivities is data management gone wrong or if there is a larger issue at play.
Statewide, Florida is reporting 7,643 new COVID-19 positives with 187 deaths. In Palm Beach County, 443 new COVID-19 positives were added with 9 deaths.
The positivity rate in Palm Beach County — with the questionable results — is 4.26 percent. Statewide it’s 6.81-percent.
Our original Quest reporting is here.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender