BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Quest Diagnostics is under fire from the Gov. DeSantis administration after the testing company allegedly dumped a significant amount of data that it’s been sitting on for months. At least that’s the official claim from the Florida Dept. of Health. Quest’s contract to administer and review tests in Florida is now terminated.
Here are the numbers for Tuesday, September 1st, which include all tests logged on Monday through 11:59 p.m. We will let our readers determine if the increase in deaths and positivities is data management gone wrong or if there is a larger issue at play.
Statewide, Florida is reporting 7,643 new COVID-19 positives with 187 deaths. In Palm Beach County, 443 new COVID-19 positives were added with 9 deaths.
The positivity rate in Palm Beach County — with the questionable results — is 4.26 percent. Statewide it’s 6.81-percent.
Our original Quest reporting is here.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Broward Doctor Stewart Bitman Jailed On Child Solicitation Charges
- Robert Weinroth, Vice PBC Mayor, Blasts Local Vaccine Distribution
- Boca Raton Stopped Key COVID Report Just Before Presidential Election
- Omni Middle School Violent Bullying Leads To Lawsuit
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed On DUI Charge
- Biden Battles DeSantis Over FEMA COVID Shot Camps
- Boca Raton’s Dean Formica Killed In Crash
- POLICE REPORT: Emaciated Boca Raton Dog Died, Owner Jailed
- Palm Beach School District Adds More Than 500 COVID Cases In Days