BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Quest Diagnostics is under fire from the Gov. DeSantis administration after the testing company allegedly dumped a significant amount of data that it’s been sitting on for months. At least that’s the official claim from the Florida Dept. of Health. Quest’s contract to administer and review tests in Florida is now terminated.
Here are the numbers for Tuesday, September 1st, which include all tests logged on Monday through 11:59 p.m. We will let our readers determine if the increase in deaths and positivities is data management gone wrong or if there is a larger issue at play.
Statewide, Florida is reporting 7,643 new COVID-19 positives with 187 deaths. In Palm Beach County, 443 new COVID-19 positives were added with 9 deaths.
The positivity rate in Palm Beach County — with the questionable results — is 4.26 percent. Statewide it’s 6.81-percent.
Our original Quest reporting is here.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month