FLORIDA DEATH COUNT NEARS 12,000
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Just two days after Quest acknowledged dumping a significant amount of data that skewed Florida’s results for one cycle comes a legitimate increase in new positives and the positivity rate.
The Florida Department of Health released the current numbers several hours late on Thursday. Those numbers revealed 3,646 new COVID-19 infections, 149 new deaths, and a positivity rate increase to 6.23-percent. These numbers are unrelated to the Quest issue earlier in the week and are the highest “legitimate” numbers in several days.
In Palm Beach County, 16 new COVID-19 deaths were recorded on Wednesday through 11:59 p.m. with 151 new infections. The positivity rate rose to 4.37-percent. It is still significantly lower than just two weeks ago, but the increase is notable.
Statewide, there are now 637,013 confirmed COVID-19 infections in Florida with 11,650 deaths.
In Palm Beach County, at least 42,643 people have tested positive for COVID-19. 1,150 loved ones were killed.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY DECLARES STATE OF EMERGENCY
- HURRICANE IAN: Schools Open But Heavy Rain, Strong Rain Expected In South Florida
- DEAD IN VALENCIA FALLS: Woman Drives Into Garage, Backs Into House, Utility Pole
- Loggers’ Run Boca Raton Forecloses On Homeowner Over $777
- CAR THEFTS: POLICE FRUSTRATED WITH SEVEN BRIDGES, LOTUS BOARDS
- HURRICANE IAN MAY PACK 130 MPH WINDS AS IT APPROACHES FLORIDA
- IAN: PALM BEACH COUNTY WARNS OF HEAVY RAIN, TORNADOES
- REMINDER: All Schools Closed In Palm Beach County Monday
- IAN TRACK SHIFTS, BUT SOUTH FLORIDA TOLD UNCERTAINTY HIGH