FLORIDA DEATH COUNT NEARS 12,000
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Just two days after Quest acknowledged dumping a significant amount of data that skewed Florida’s results for one cycle comes a legitimate increase in new positives and the positivity rate.
The Florida Department of Health released the current numbers several hours late on Thursday. Those numbers revealed 3,646 new COVID-19 infections, 149 new deaths, and a positivity rate increase to 6.23-percent. These numbers are unrelated to the Quest issue earlier in the week and are the highest “legitimate” numbers in several days.
In Palm Beach County, 16 new COVID-19 deaths were recorded on Wednesday through 11:59 p.m. with 151 new infections. The positivity rate rose to 4.37-percent. It is still significantly lower than just two weeks ago, but the increase is notable.
Statewide, there are now 637,013 confirmed COVID-19 infections in Florida with 11,650 deaths.
In Palm Beach County, at least 42,643 people have tested positive for COVID-19. 1,150 loved ones were killed.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY RATE JUMPS, HOSPITALIZATIONS SURGE
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Has Never Been So Dangerous For COVID-19
- Teachers: No Organized Walkout Planned Over Masking Battle
- FLORIDA SETS RECORD: 21,683 COVID CASES RECORDED ON FRIDAY
- Delray Beach Man Allegedly Held Knife To Wife, False Imprisonment Charge
- Heading To Airport? Yet Again, Fort Lauderdale Parking Is Packed
- EXCEPTIONALLY BAD: Florida Department Health COVID Report Is Dire
- Publix Mask Mandate Returns, Associates For Now, Customer Decision Pending
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT