FLORIDA DEATH COUNT NEARS 12,000
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Just two days after Quest acknowledged dumping a significant amount of data that skewed Florida’s results for one cycle comes a legitimate increase in new positives and the positivity rate.
The Florida Department of Health released the current numbers several hours late on Thursday. Those numbers revealed 3,646 new COVID-19 infections, 149 new deaths, and a positivity rate increase to 6.23-percent. These numbers are unrelated to the Quest issue earlier in the week and are the highest “legitimate” numbers in several days.
In Palm Beach County, 16 new COVID-19 deaths were recorded on Wednesday through 11:59 p.m. with 151 new infections. The positivity rate rose to 4.37-percent. It is still significantly lower than just two weeks ago, but the increase is notable.
Statewide, there are now 637,013 confirmed COVID-19 infections in Florida with 11,650 deaths.
In Palm Beach County, at least 42,643 people have tested positive for COVID-19. 1,150 loved ones were killed.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Biden Battles DeSantis Over FEMA COVID Shot Camps
- Boca Raton’s Dean Formica Killed In Crash
- POLICE REPORT: Emaciated Boca Raton Dog Died, Owner Jailed
- Palm Beach School District Adds More Than 500 COVID Cases In Days
- Boca Raton Gym Sued For $1M In Rent
- COVID Vaccine Distribution In Palm Beach County Is Worse Than You Think
- Shot, Mauled, Or Drowned? What Happened To This Boca Raton Cat?
- COVID Is Getting Worse In Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Animal Cruelty Charges