FLORIDA DEATH COUNT NEARS 12,000
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Just two days after Quest acknowledged dumping a significant amount of data that skewed Florida’s results for one cycle comes a legitimate increase in new positives and the positivity rate.
The Florida Department of Health released the current numbers several hours late on Thursday. Those numbers revealed 3,646 new COVID-19 infections, 149 new deaths, and a positivity rate increase to 6.23-percent. These numbers are unrelated to the Quest issue earlier in the week and are the highest “legitimate” numbers in several days.
In Palm Beach County, 16 new COVID-19 deaths were recorded on Wednesday through 11:59 p.m. with 151 new infections. The positivity rate rose to 4.37-percent. It is still significantly lower than just two weeks ago, but the increase is notable.
Statewide, there are now 637,013 confirmed COVID-19 infections in Florida with 11,650 deaths.
In Palm Beach County, at least 42,643 people have tested positive for COVID-19. 1,150 loved ones were killed.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender
- NUMBER GAMES? COVID-19 Deaths High In Florida As DOH Says Positivity Low
- COVID-19 INFECTION: Boynton Elementary Student First In School District To Test Positive