FLORIDA DEATH COUNT NEARS 12,000
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Just two days after Quest acknowledged dumping a significant amount of data that skewed Florida’s results for one cycle comes a legitimate increase in new positives and the positivity rate.
The Florida Department of Health released the current numbers several hours late on Thursday. Those numbers revealed 3,646 new COVID-19 infections, 149 new deaths, and a positivity rate increase to 6.23-percent. These numbers are unrelated to the Quest issue earlier in the week and are the highest “legitimate” numbers in several days.
In Palm Beach County, 16 new COVID-19 deaths were recorded on Wednesday through 11:59 p.m. with 151 new infections. The positivity rate rose to 4.37-percent. It is still significantly lower than just two weeks ago, but the increase is notable.
Statewide, there are now 637,013 confirmed COVID-19 infections in Florida with 11,650 deaths.
In Palm Beach County, at least 42,643 people have tested positive for COVID-19. 1,150 loved ones were killed.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Major Problems Expected This Week In Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton
- Weather: Back To The 50’s This Week In Boca Raton, Delray Beach
- Century Village Resident Jailed, Allegedly Stole $30K From Football League
- Palm Beach County Republican Party Embroiled in Libel Suit
- Delray Beach Man Slams EV Into Bush Near Military Trail
- This Woman Is Missing, If You See Her, Call Police
- Palm Beach International Airport Closed Due To Unattended Bag
- PREZZO BOCA RATON CITED FOR MULTIPLE HEALTH CODE VIOLATIONS
- Boca Raton Financial Advisor Owes $394,000 To Amex, Now Suing Him