BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County Mayor David Kerner today met with Florida Governor Ron DeSantis to officially request permission for Palm Beach County to begin a multi-step “phase 2” reopening plan.
The plan, expected to take place over several weeks, will permit restaurants to increase customer capacity, stores to welcome more people inside at once, closed businesses to reopen, and other services to resume.
Kerner was expected to make a request on a behalf of the Palm Beach County School District to delay “brick and mortar” education for a few weeks after “phase 2” begins. The School Board, in a controversial move, opted to tie “brick and mortar” to the county’s initiation of Phase 2. Both Kerner, and school board members, now concede that may create unnecessary strain on local systems. The school district requested Kerner to ask DeSantis for a little more time.
A Palm Beach County School Board workshop Wednesday revealed that the school district does not have systems in place for an effective return to classroom learning. It was not immediately clear if Kerner made the request during his meeting with Gov. DeSantis.
The official “phase 2” request letter is below. DeSnatis is expected to respond promptly.Phase-2-Re-opening-Request
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- UPDATE: SIX DEAD IN WEST DELRAY BEACH CRASH
- At Least Two Killed In Crash At 441 And Atlantic Avenue Overnight
- AARON SINGERMAN TO SPEND 54 MONTHS IN PRISON
- St. Andrews County Club Sues Dead Homeowner For Not Paying Membership Dues
- RECORD SETTING COLD COMING: National Weather Service Issues Advisory…
- Deerfield Beach Woman Struck By Car, Killed
- Aaron Singerman Sentencing Delayed, Remains In Custody
- B’NAI TORAH BOCA: Parents Livid Over New COVID-19 Policies
- I-95 To Close In Boca Raton, Expect Traffic Problems