BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County Mayor David Kerner today met with Florida Governor Ron DeSantis to officially request permission for Palm Beach County to begin a multi-step “phase 2” reopening plan.
The plan, expected to take place over several weeks, will permit restaurants to increase customer capacity, stores to welcome more people inside at once, closed businesses to reopen, and other services to resume.
Kerner was expected to make a request on a behalf of the Palm Beach County School District to delay “brick and mortar” education for a few weeks after “phase 2” begins. The School Board, in a controversial move, opted to tie “brick and mortar” to the county’s initiation of Phase 2. Both Kerner, and school board members, now concede that may create unnecessary strain on local systems. The school district requested Kerner to ask DeSantis for a little more time.
A Palm Beach County School Board workshop Wednesday revealed that the school district does not have systems in place for an effective return to classroom learning. It was not immediately clear if Kerner made the request during his meeting with Gov. DeSantis.
The official “phase 2” request letter is below. DeSnatis is expected to respond promptly.Phase-2-Re-opening-Request
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Driving During Zoom Court Hearing
- Florida’s Turnpike Remains Closed, Tractor Trailer Into Canal In Boynton Beach