BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Governor Ron DeSantis moments ago (12:24 p.m. Friday, September 4, 2020) signed and transmitted an executive order permitting Palm Beach County to move to Phase 2 of Florida’s reopening Plan. It was not immediately clear if DeSantis approved the plan as-is — which will involve several steps — or if he is approving an “everything now” approach.
It was also not immediately clear what impact his order will have on the Palm Beach County School District which originally planned to open for in-person education five school days after phase 2 began, then attempted to backtrack by asking for a bit more time.
There is NO official start date — as of mid-day Friday — for the Palm Beach County School District. That may change over the next several hours.
Here is the executive order just issued by Gov. Ron DeSantis:EO-20-214
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: Boca Raton Man Claimed Girlfriend Had Knife, Pills, So Batters Her To Save Her
- FAU Henderson University School Ranked Second In USA For K-5
- Woman Slips On Pool Deck, Sues Boca’s Broken Sound Country Club
- HURRICANE CENTER: Keep An Eye On Growing System East Of Florida
- FEDS: Local Man, “Dandy Daddy,” Sentenced To Eight Years In Prison
- Flanigan’s Boca Raton Cited For Flying Insects
- GAS LEAK: Airport Road In Boca Raton Closed
- STRAIGHT OUTTA KINGS POINT: Stalking, Murder Threat Charges Filed
- COVID Cases Rise In Palm Beach County School District