BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Governor Ron DeSantis moments ago (12:24 p.m. Friday, September 4, 2020) signed and transmitted an executive order permitting Palm Beach County to move to Phase 2 of Florida’s reopening Plan. It was not immediately clear if DeSantis approved the plan as-is — which will involve several steps — or if he is approving an “everything now” approach.
It was also not immediately clear what impact his order will have on the Palm Beach County School District which originally planned to open for in-person education five school days after phase 2 began, then attempted to backtrack by asking for a bit more time.
There is NO official start date — as of mid-day Friday — for the Palm Beach County School District. That may change over the next several hours.
Here is the executive order just issued by Gov. Ron DeSantis:
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Another South Florida Resident Guilty For January 6th Insurrection At Capitol
- Boca Raton Teacher To Be “Un-Fired” As School Board Rescinds Termination
- We Know What A Woman Tried To Steal From Macy’s Boca Raton
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Major Problems Expected This Week In Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton
- Weather: Back To The 50’s This Week In Boca Raton, Delray Beach
- Century Village Resident Jailed, Allegedly Stole $30K From Football League
- Palm Beach County Republican Party Embroiled in Libel Suit
- Delray Beach Man Slams EV Into Bush Near Military Trail
- This Woman Is Missing, If You See Her, Call Police