BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Governor Ron DeSantis moments ago (12:24 p.m. Friday, September 4, 2020) signed and transmitted an executive order permitting Palm Beach County to move to Phase 2 of Florida’s reopening Plan. It was not immediately clear if DeSantis approved the plan as-is — which will involve several steps — or if he is approving an “everything now” approach.
It was also not immediately clear what impact his order will have on the Palm Beach County School District which originally planned to open for in-person education five school days after phase 2 began, then attempted to backtrack by asking for a bit more time.
There is NO official start date — as of mid-day Friday — for the Palm Beach County School District. That may change over the next several hours.
Here is the executive order just issued by Gov. Ron DeSantis:EO-20-214
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- For Drew Abruzzese, A Fall From Food Network To Palm Beach County Jail
- Missing Boynton Woman Found Dead, Man Arrested
- Arrest In Seven Bridges: Audi Blocked By Mercedes Leads To Assault Charge
- Amazing Photos: Two Tractor Trailers Crash On Turnpike Near Delray Beach
- Do You Live Near These Boca Raton Sex Offenders?
- Boca Raton’s Rex Baron Cited By Health Inspectors
- Popular Delray Beach Restaurant Sued Over Umbrella Incident
- New Rules For COVID-19 Shots As Publix Again Takes Appointments
- Boca Raton Man Pleads Guilty To Posting Child Abuse Photos Of Toddler In His Care