BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Bars across Palm Beach County must remain closed as Phase 2 begins Tuesday morning. The bad news for bar owners and patrons was delivered by Palm Beach County Mayor David Kerner during a Friday afternoon news conference.
Kerner said the bar closures are a result of an executive order issued by Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, not the Palm Beach County Board of Commissioners.
The Palm Beach County Phase 2 plan begins on Tuesday. Unlike other counties in the state which moved to Phase 2 quite some time ago, Palm Beach County will take baby steps, with just a few entities permitted to open as part of each step. We expect the full opening document later Friday.
Significant concern remains that reopening — in any major form — will lead to a a Palm Beach County increase in COVID-19 spread, infections and death.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Real Estate Agent Held On $200,000 Bond
- Several Boca Raton Area Elementary Schools Show Declines In Spring FSAs
- Eight Years In Federal Prison For Seven Bridges Resident
- WE ASK: Could Donald Trump Be Baker Acted In Florida?
- TRAFFIC: Major Projects Continuing In, Around Boca Raton
- TROPICAL TROUBLE: Three Systems Growing, Potential Cyclone Likely To Develop
- Boynton Man Sues Marriott, Child Injured At Gaylord Palms
- Delray Beach Woman Jailed On Drug, Vehicle Violations
- DEVELOPING: Woman With Multiple Gunshot Wounds Found, Dies