DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Highway Patrol says Chelsea Floran Thomas of the 14000 block of Wood Lodge Lane in Delray Beach waved a gun while entering a construction zone on I-95 in Delray Beach. FHP provided video of the incident which you can view, below.
Here is the official advisory from FHP.
At approximately 4:10 PM, The Florida Highway Patrol received multiple callsreference a gray Volkswagen Tiguan that was traveling southbound on Interstate 95 in the area of 10thAve; in which the driver was waving what appeared to be a firearm via the sun roof of the vehicle. One of the witnesses followed the Volkswagen that was traveling at the time in the right lane while advising FHP authorities of the current location.
As the Florida Highway Patrol dispatched relayed the information given by the witness, Trooper Gonzalez (1615) observed the vehicle as it approached the area of Atlantic Blvd and conducted a traffic stop on the right shoulder. The driver (black female, 21 years of age) and passenger (black female, 22 years of age) were then detained without further incidents.
As the investigation developed, the driver was placed under arrest and charged with Improper display of a firearm and driving under the influence of illegal substances. The driver is currently being admitted at the Palm Beach County Jail for processing.
Thomas remains held without bond at the Palm Beach County Jail as of early Saturday morning (September 5, 2020).
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two New Systems South Of Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Parents Forced To Make Permanent Learning Choice
- FLORIDA: Gov. DeSantis’ COVID Eviction Ban Ending
- Boca Raton Chiropractor Jonathan Rouffe Pleads Guilty, Faces 10 Years In Federal Prison
- Boca Barber Shoots At Customers, Boca Police Trim His Freedom
- LOTS OF DEATH: Florida Again Reporting High COVID Death Numbers, Infections
- COVID: Lynn University Continues “Block” Scheduling Through Spring
- COVID: Palm Beach School Board Member Calls For More Transparency
- COVID: Palm Beach County Schools Report More Cases, But No Outbreak