DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Highway Patrol says Chelsea Floran Thomas of the 14000 block of Wood Lodge Lane in Delray Beach waved a gun while entering a construction zone on I-95 in Delray Beach. FHP provided video of the incident which you can view, below.
Here is the official advisory from FHP.
At approximately 4:10 PM, The Florida Highway Patrol received multiple callsreference a gray Volkswagen Tiguan that was traveling southbound on Interstate 95 in the area of 10thAve; in which the driver was waving what appeared to be a firearm via the sun roof of the vehicle. One of the witnesses followed the Volkswagen that was traveling at the time in the right lane while advising FHP authorities of the current location.
As the Florida Highway Patrol dispatched relayed the information given by the witness, Trooper Gonzalez (1615) observed the vehicle as it approached the area of Atlantic Blvd and conducted a traffic stop on the right shoulder. The driver (black female, 21 years of age) and passenger (black female, 22 years of age) were then detained without further incidents.
As the investigation developed, the driver was placed under arrest and charged with Improper display of a firearm and driving under the influence of illegal substances. The driver is currently being admitted at the Palm Beach County Jail for processing.
Thomas remains held without bond at the Palm Beach County Jail as of early Saturday morning (September 5, 2020).
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TRIAL SET IN SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH CASE, MAGISTRATE BLASTS HOA ATTORNEYS
- Shooting In Boca Reserve Not Criminal, According To Police
- Boca Raton Woman Faces Six Years In Federal Prison On Illegal Boating Indictment
- Boca Raton Man, On Moped, Killed In Crash
- Jewish Man Ordered Off Delta Flight From Fort Lauderdale To NYC Over Hat
- MAN SAYS HE WAS SHOT IN HEAD BEHIND AURA APARTMENTS IN BOCA RATON
- Delray Beach Woman Charged With Neglect After Toddler Abused, Images Uploaded
- Boca Raton Man Tries To Avoid, But Kills, Hollywood Man Illegally Crossing Street
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-95 SHUT SOUTHBOUND IN BROWARD COUNTY