DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Highway Patrol says Chelsea Floran Thomas of the 14000 block of Wood Lodge Lane in Delray Beach waved a gun while entering a construction zone on I-95 in Delray Beach. FHP provided video of the incident which you can view, below.
Here is the official advisory from FHP.
At approximately 4:10 PM, The Florida Highway Patrol received multiple callsreference a gray Volkswagen Tiguan that was traveling southbound on Interstate 95 in the area of 10thAve; in which the driver was waving what appeared to be a firearm via the sun roof of the vehicle. One of the witnesses followed the Volkswagen that was traveling at the time in the right lane while advising FHP authorities of the current location.
As the Florida Highway Patrol dispatched relayed the information given by the witness, Trooper Gonzalez (1615) observed the vehicle as it approached the area of Atlantic Blvd and conducted a traffic stop on the right shoulder. The driver (black female, 21 years of age) and passenger (black female, 22 years of age) were then detained without further incidents.
As the investigation developed, the driver was placed under arrest and charged with Improper display of a firearm and driving under the influence of illegal substances. The driver is currently being admitted at the Palm Beach County Jail for processing.
Thomas remains held without bond at the Palm Beach County Jail as of early Saturday morning (September 5, 2020).
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Broward Pediatrician Michael Mizrachy Ordered Away From Children
- Big COVID Spike In Palm Beach County Schools
- Following Record Death Day, 418 Now Hospitalized With COVID In Palm Beach Co.
- DEADLY DAY: Florida Records Record 217 COVID Deaths
- Broward County Announces COVID-19 Vaccine Site
- BREAKING: Boca Fire To Offer COVID Shots, Just 200 Available
- Cool, Wet Weather For South Florida
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Inhaling Dangerous Chemicals
- SO MANY DEAD: Florida Loses 1,079 To COVID In One Week