BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County moves to Phase 2 of Florida’s reopning plan at 12:01 a.m. But Phase 2 in Palm Beach County is different than Phase 2 is much of the rest of the state. It is not a “blanket” Phase 2 — but will take place over several weeks with incremental steps.
Starting Tuesday, retails stores may increase indoor customer capacity, gyms may increase capacity, and indoor activity centers — like trampoline centers and bowling alleys — may reopen. But bars remain closed by executive order of Governor Ron DeSantis.
Palm Beach County’s facial covering order remains in effect until further notice. It is expected to continue well into 2021. Fines for not wearing a facial covering range from $25 to $100. Businesses not complying with Palm Beach County orders faces fines as high as $15,000.
Here is the complete Phase 2 guiding document for Palm Beach County.
Is Palm Beach County In Phase 2?
As of Tuesday, September 8, 2020, Palm Beach County is in Phase 2 of Florida’s reopening plan following COVID-19 closures. The Palm Beach County plan is incremental and will take place over several weeks. Bars remain closed in Palm Beach County due to an executive order from Florida Governor Ron DeSantis.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TURNPIKE CLOSED: Gas Pipeline Erupts, Detours Near Lake Worth
- NUMBER GAMES? COVID-19 Deaths High In Florida As DOH Says Positivity Low
- COVID-19 INFECTION: Boynton Elementary Student First In School District To Test Positive
- URGENT: Delray Beach Police Seeking Missing Woman
- COVID DEATHS SOAR: Florida Logs 223 Deaths On Tuesday
- Palm Beach County School District COVID Dashboard Already Questioned, Numbers Dropped
- TRAFFIC HAVOC: Palmetto Park Road To Close
- Guilty Plea From Delray Chiropractor Richard Davidson Came Just Months After Feds Moved In
- BOXED: Some Children Boxed In Boca Schools, Others Roam Freely During COVID