BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — COVID-19 may frighten HOA’s into canceling trick-or-treating this year. That’s what we’re hearing from HOA’s in Boca Raton, Delray Beach and Boynton Beach.
Several contacted by BocaNewsNow.com say there’s nothing official yet, but there is concern that kids walking around in groups and literally taking candy from strangers is not conducive to preventing COVID-19 spread.
“There are communities where adults turn Halloween into outside drinking events,” said an HOA board member of a large Boca Raton community who wished to remain anonymous. ”That just can’t happen right now. We don’t want to encourage people to make really bad decisions.”
Palm Beach County has not included Halloween activities as part of its “phase 2” reopening plan which started at 12:01 Tuesday morning, September 8th. The plan continues for at least two months and will be adjusted based on positivity rates across the area. It is conceivable that Halloween will be addressed if positivity rates rise.
For now, those speaking with BocaNewsNow.com say their communities are working on alternate Halloween plans that may involve costumes but do not involve physical interaction.
(Mask above courtesy Amazon.com. Link below).
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Police Cam Captures Takedown Of Former Campaign Official
- Masks Still Required In Palm Beach County Schools
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain
- WEATHER: Palm Beach County May Feel Lows Around 70
- West Boca Raton High School Student Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen