BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — What seemed to be anomaly is now looking like a trend. Florida posted a huge COVID-19 death count today based on deaths logged Tuesday, and Palm Beach County logged another significant positivity rate increase. It’s too soon to know if this is the beginning of a legitimate uptick or just Dept. of Health reporting issues, but the new numbers are certainly not good.
Florida logged 200 COVID-19 deaths on Tuesday through 11:59 p.m. with 2,352 new COVID-19 infections. The positivity rate jumped a point to 5.94 percent.
In Palm Beach County, the positivity rate continued it’s now three day upward trend. It was 3.09 percent on Sunday, 4.91 percent on Monday and now 5.93 percent on Tuesday. As always, numbers reported are based on the previous day’s tests through 11:59 p.m. 137 new positive tests were added on Tuesday with 8 deaths.
There are now 1,178 COVID-19 deaths in Palm Beach County with 43,422 infections.
Statewide, the death count is now 12,115 with 652,148 confirmed COVID-19 cases.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: New Phase 3 Orders, Clarifications, Sheriff Ordered To Enforce
- Federal Judge Slaps Delray’s Seven Bridges, Litigants LaGrasso and Tannenholz
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Reckless Endangerment Charges For Non-Mask Wearers?
- South Florida Attorney Charged By Feds For Wire, Securities Fraud
- COVID SURGE FLORIDA: 3259 New Cases, 106 New Deaths, Positivity Heading Up
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High