BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County pediatric positivity rate is still an astonishingly high 14.1-percent just days before Palm Beach County starts in-person education. Palm Beach County has the third highest pediatric positivity rate in Florida of similarly sized counties. Only Miami-Dade (19.7-percent) and Broward (17.0-percent) are higher.
While the overall positivity rate in Palm Beach County has dropped, the pediatric rate has remained in the 14-percent range for several weeks. The Florida Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics says schools should only start in-person learning when that number is consistently in the 3 to 5-percent range.
The Florida Department of Health, which released the report, defines “pediatric” as under age 18.
Statewide, 52,857 children 0-17 have tested positive for COVID-19. By age group: 2,776 children under age 1; 8,215 children ages 1-4; 14,157 children ages 5-10; 8,977 ages 11-13; and 18,732 ages 14-17.
How Many Children Have COVID-19 In Palm Beach County?
The pediatric positivity rate in Palm Beach County is 14.1 percent, according to the Florida Dept. of Health as of September 9, 2020. Palm Beach County’s pediatric positivity rate is the third highest in Florida, behind Miami-Dade County and Broward County.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- URGENT: Delray Beach Police Seeking Missing Woman
- COVID DEATHS SOAR: Florida Logs 223 Deaths On Tuesday
- Palm Beach County School District COVID Dashboard Already Questioned, Numbers Dropped
- TRAFFIC HAVOC: Palmetto Park Road To Close
- Guilty Plea From Delray Chiropractor Richard Davidson Came Just Months After Feds Moved In
- BOXED: Some Children Boxed In Boca Schools, Others Roam Freely During COVID
- VERY BAD: COVID Positivity Jumps In Palm Beach County, Deaths, Infections Up Statewide
- FAU High School Celebrates 34 National Merit Scholarship Semifinalists
- Palm Beach County School District Employees Infected With COVID-19