BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County pediatric positivity rate is still an astonishingly high 14.1-percent just days before Palm Beach County starts in-person education. Palm Beach County has the third highest pediatric positivity rate in Florida of similarly sized counties. Only Miami-Dade (19.7-percent) and Broward (17.0-percent) are higher.
While the overall positivity rate in Palm Beach County has dropped, the pediatric rate has remained in the 14-percent range for several weeks. The Florida Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics says schools should only start in-person learning when that number is consistently in the 3 to 5-percent range.
The Florida Department of Health, which released the report, defines “pediatric” as under age 18.
Statewide, 52,857 children 0-17 have tested positive for COVID-19. By age group: 2,776 children under age 1; 8,215 children ages 1-4; 14,157 children ages 5-10; 8,977 ages 11-13; and 18,732 ages 14-17.
How Many Children Have COVID-19 In Palm Beach County?
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- UPDATE: SIX DEAD IN WEST DELRAY BEACH CRASH
- At Least Two Killed In Crash At 441 And Atlantic Avenue Overnight
- AARON SINGERMAN TO SPEND 54 MONTHS IN PRISON
- St. Andrews County Club Sues Dead Homeowner For Not Paying Membership Dues
- RECORD SETTING COLD COMING: National Weather Service Issues Advisory…
- Deerfield Beach Woman Struck By Car, Killed
- Aaron Singerman Sentencing Delayed, Remains In Custody
- B’NAI TORAH BOCA: Parents Livid Over New COVID-19 Policies
- I-95 To Close In Boca Raton, Expect Traffic Problems