BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County pediatric positivity rate is still an astonishingly high 14.1-percent just days before Palm Beach County starts in-person education. Palm Beach County has the third highest pediatric positivity rate in Florida of similarly sized counties. Only Miami-Dade (19.7-percent) and Broward (17.0-percent) are higher.
While the overall positivity rate in Palm Beach County has dropped, the pediatric rate has remained in the 14-percent range for several weeks. The Florida Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics says schools should only start in-person learning when that number is consistently in the 3 to 5-percent range.
The Florida Department of Health, which released the report, defines “pediatric” as under age 18.
Statewide, 52,857 children 0-17 have tested positive for COVID-19. By age group: 2,776 children under age 1; 8,215 children ages 1-4; 14,157 children ages 5-10; 8,977 ages 11-13; and 18,732 ages 14-17.
How Many Children Have COVID-19 In Palm Beach County?
The pediatric positivity rate in Palm Beach County is 14.1 percent, according to the Florida Dept. of Health as of September 9, 2020. Palm Beach County’s pediatric positivity rate is the third highest in Florida, behind Miami-Dade County and Broward County.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Computer Issue Hampers Boca Raton Regional Hospital Wednesday
- Boca Raton Woman Arrested After Incident Outside Renzo’s Pizza
- Woodfield Country Club Homeowners Sue Neighbors For Fraud
- City Of Boca Raton Appoints New City Council Member
- SKETCH RELEASED: I-95 SHOOTING LEFT THREE INJURED, INCLUDING CHILD
- LAWSUIT: Avante Boca Raton Nursing Home Patient Breaks Leg After Hit By Cart
- That Really Was A Body By The Turnpike South Of Boca Raton
- Lacrosse Coach Claims Kid Makes State Team, Allegedly Steals Registration Fee
- MASS SHOOTING: THREE SHOT ON I-95, ONE VICTIM FACING LIFE-THREATENING INJURY