BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County pediatric positivity rate is still an astonishingly high 14.1-percent just days before Palm Beach County starts in-person education. Palm Beach County has the third highest pediatric positivity rate in Florida of similarly sized counties. Only Miami-Dade (19.7-percent) and Broward (17.0-percent) are higher.
While the overall positivity rate in Palm Beach County has dropped, the pediatric rate has remained in the 14-percent range for several weeks. The Florida Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics says schools should only start in-person learning when that number is consistently in the 3 to 5-percent range.
The Florida Department of Health, which released the report, defines “pediatric” as under age 18.
Statewide, 52,857 children 0-17 have tested positive for COVID-19. By age group: 2,776 children under age 1; 8,215 children ages 1-4; 14,157 children ages 5-10; 8,977 ages 11-13; and 18,732 ages 14-17.
How Many Children Have COVID-19 In Palm Beach County?
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- STORM WATCH: Now Two Disturbances Being Watched, Florida Threat Low
- P.F. Chang’s In Boca Raton Cited Again By Health Inspector, Twice In Days
- FORT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT: Parking Situation So Bad, Drivers Told To Use Ride Share
- ARMED ROBBERY ON YAMATO ROAD IN BOCA RATON
- POLICE REMIND: If Fireworks Banned In Your HOA, They Are Still Banned On July 4th
- Palm Beach County Woman To Federal Prison For Sober Home Scheme
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Disturbances Still Being Watched, Florida Okay For Now
- Boca West Sues Several Homeowners, We Have The List
- JULY 4th: City Of Boca Raton Releases ”Fabulous” Event Schedule