DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Verbatim Media Advisory) — Yesterday evening, a Florida Highway Patrol trooper attempted a traffic stop on a vehicle driving recklessly on Interstate 95, near Delray Beach, Fla. The vehicle failed to stop, resulting in a short vehicle pursuit. The reckless vehicle crashed into another vehicle and the subject exited his vehicle, firing shots at the responding troopers.
A trooper returned gunfire, mortally wounding him. Troopers on the scene attempted CPR on the subject after the incident. A rifle and handgun were recovered at the scene. The subject’s vehicle was later determined to be stolen.
The Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) is the lead law enforcement agency responsible to independently investigate this incident, per established procedure.
As the investigation is still active, no additional information will be released at this time.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FREE AT-HOME COVID TESTS: Order Yours Now From The Federal Government
- SIRENS: Dead In Boca Glades, Heart Issue At Olympic Heights High, Fire In Boca Grove
- Boca Raton Woman Crashes Mercedes Into Honda After Two Martinis
- In Florida, 65 Die From COVID Monday, But Hospitalizations Dropping
- Florida Fish And Wildlife Commission Releases Details Of Weekend Fatal Crash
- UPDATE: Orlando Man Dies In Boca Raton I-95 Crash
- TRAFFIC ALERT: ALL LANES ON I-95 NORTHBOUND SHUT IN BOCA RATON
- SIRENS: Assault In Boca Dunes, Hard Fall In Boca Raton Publix, Trauma In St. Andrews
- COLD! Wind Chill In The 30s Possible In Palm Beach County Tonight