DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Verbatim Media Advisory) — Yesterday evening, a Florida Highway Patrol trooper attempted a traffic stop on a vehicle driving recklessly on Interstate 95, near Delray Beach, Fla. The vehicle failed to stop, resulting in a short vehicle pursuit. The reckless vehicle crashed into another vehicle and the subject exited his vehicle, firing shots at the responding troopers.
A trooper returned gunfire, mortally wounding him. Troopers on the scene attempted CPR on the subject after the incident. A rifle and handgun were recovered at the scene. The subject’s vehicle was later determined to be stolen.
The Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) is the lead law enforcement agency responsible to independently investigate this incident, per established procedure.
As the investigation is still active, no additional information will be released at this time.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- MASS SHOOTING: THREE SHOT ON I-95, ONE VICTIM FACING LIFE-THREATENING INJURY
- Many Flight Delays Logged Across South Florida Airports, JetBlue and Spirit Hit Hard
- Glades Road In Boca Raton To Close Monday, Tuesday
- Where Is Deborah Stewart? Last Seen In Boca Raton.
- REMINDER: School Resumes Across Palm Beach County On Monday
- FORT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT TROUBLE: COMPUTER PROBLEMS ON BUSY TRAVEL DAY
- POLICE: Boynton Woman “Emotionally Unstable” When Attacked Boyfriend
- ZINGER’S DELI BOCA RATON: 27 VIOLATIONS LOGGED BY STATE INSPECTOR
- REMINDER: Palm Beach County School Choice Deadline Approaching