DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Verbatim Media Advisory) — Yesterday evening, a Florida Highway Patrol trooper attempted a traffic stop on a vehicle driving recklessly on Interstate 95, near Delray Beach, Fla. The vehicle failed to stop, resulting in a short vehicle pursuit. The reckless vehicle crashed into another vehicle and the subject exited his vehicle, firing shots at the responding troopers.
A trooper returned gunfire, mortally wounding him. Troopers on the scene attempted CPR on the subject after the incident. A rifle and handgun were recovered at the scene. The subject’s vehicle was later determined to be stolen.
The Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) is the lead law enforcement agency responsible to independently investigate this incident, per established procedure.
As the investigation is still active, no additional information will be released at this time.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Federal Judge Slaps Delray’s Seven Bridges, Litigants LaGrasso and Tannenholz
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Reckless Endangerment Charges For Non-Mask Wearers?
- South Florida Attorney Charged By Feds For Wire, Securities Fraud
- COVID SURGE FLORIDA: 3259 New Cases, 106 New Deaths, Positivity Heading Up
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High
- Police Cam Captures Takedown Of Former Campaign Official