COVID’S NOT OVER. DEATHS, INFECTIONS CONTINUE IN FLORIDA.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The death count continues to rise in Florida from COVID-19.
The Florida Department of Health reports 211 new COVID-19 deaths logged Wednesday through 11:59 p.m. statewide. At least 2,585 new COVID-19 cases were also added on Wednesday. The positivity rate, based on Florida’s reporting is 5.54 percent. Johns Hopkins reports Florida’s positivity rate as 13.6 percent over a 7 day moving average. Johns Hopkins also says Florida’s rate is trending up. (Link below).
Florida’s total death count is now 12,326 with 654,731 COVID-19 infections.
In Palm Beach County, the official home of President Trump who now acknowledges that COVID-19 is deadly, bad and spreads through the air, the death count also is not subsiding. The Florida Dept. of Health reports 9 new COVID-19 deaths logged Wednesday through 11:59 p.m. with 106 new infections.
The positivity rate in Palm Beach County — after three days of increases, dropped a bit to 3.75-percent. The Palm Beach County death count is now 1,187 with 43,532 infections.
Is COVID-19 Still Bad In Florida?
Yes. The Florida Dept. of Health reports 211 new COVID-19 deaths logged Wednesday, September 10, 2020. Infection rates continue at a high level as well. While positivity rates appear to be improving, there is still tremendous fluctuations statewide.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender
- NUMBER GAMES? COVID-19 Deaths High In Florida As DOH Says Positivity Low
- COVID-19 INFECTION: Boynton Elementary Student First In School District To Test Positive
- URGENT: Delray Beach Police Seeking Missing Woman
- COVID DEATHS SOAR: Florida Logs 223 Deaths On Tuesday